Black Coffee's 98' RCSB 4wd build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Black Coffee's 96' RCSB 4wd build thread

Within a couple weeks I'm picking up a truck, selling my nnbs tomorrow. I'm buying this one for the long haul and I plan to put a ton of work into it. I've had a lot of parts sitting and waiting for along time. Heres what I'm gonna be picking up.

You must be registered for see images

Nice truck, 140K miles on it 5.7L vortec 4L60e 3.73 gear ratio nice paint no dents straight body clean interior manual everything. The whole criteria is perfect because I have an engine / transmission / bumpers / tires wheels / all kinds of stuff out of my 98' 2 door tahoe to swap over to it and then continue to build it up. I'll keep yall posted and started posting pictures and info about it when I pick it up. Love this site.

Last edited:

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah me to man! Just came across alittle money and I'm going out on a limb and buying this truck. I've always wanted a rcsb OBS but never as a DD. It'll be my all around everything build so don't expect a straight mud truck or anything. Gonna be a Dixie runner fun truck thats still very drivable and dependable.

Last edited by a moderator:

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've decided not to buy the truck I posted. I want an LT 4wd RCSB 96-99. No Cheyennes no W/T's I want power locks windows cruise control etc. My new thought is to maybe do this, find what I'm looking for with a blown engine and swap a healthy L29 Vortec motor in it if I could find one and use my built 4L65E Monster Transmissions SS super Monster to go behind it. I know doing a big block swap can get a tad bit complicated, but if I kept the years right 96-99 I can't see it being outside my budget. I think the most difficult part would be finding the truck with the blown engine. Can you all help!??! APB out on what I'm looking for I've got Cash $$$.

Last edited:

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Vortec 7400 (RPO L29)(≈454 cu in)

Guess I'm looking for the following applications...

* 1996–2000 Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD & 3500 (option)
* 1996–1999 Chevrolet Suburban 2500/GMC Suburban 2500 (option)
* 1996–2000 Chevrolet Express 3/4 or 1 ton

Anyone know if a heavily modified 4L60e is gonna do ok behind an L29?! How big of a swap is the L29 into an L31 based truck!?

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Think I've found a winner =]!
1996 Chevy Silverado Z71 off road. New brakes, rebuilt transmission and radiator. 186,000 miles. $3500.00 or obo

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picking it up Wednesday afternoon, gotta ride from South West Florida up to west Central Georgia to get it. Who wants to give me a ride ha!?

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gonna pick me up a Pioneer MVH P8300BT as soon as I get it home, owner says the deck doesn't work.
You must be registered for see images attach