Black Coffee's 98' RCSB 4wd build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok plans for the new truck, first I'm gonna get it where I want it for the time being on a budget. I'm gonna pull my 5.7L vortec with about 20K miles on it with headers and CAI and my BBT pcm and my built 4L65e and throw it into this truck and pull what it has and put it back into the tahoe which I plan to sell. Then I'm gonna take my tires / wheels off my tahoe and put them onto my truck. I want to find a 14 bolt SF 9.5" 6 lug and stick it in their. Brakes on the truck were just re done and it has a new radiator and fuel pump. The 4wd works aswell. The truck has 33x12.50 tires I'm not sure of rim size but if there 16's I'll be putting my mojave's on those tires and riding it the way it is until I can throw a 4" RCX on it and pull the body lift if not, I believe it has a 3" body lift, and if it does its coming off. If not, that means its got a block and the torsion bars cranked why to high. If thats the case I'll de crank and pull the blocks out and start replacing suspension and steering parts with high quality ****. I'm not sure if I want this truck to sit stock suspension or if I want to lift it. If I lift it, it will be a 4" RCX kit most likely. I'll be pulling my oem fender flares off my tahoe, their gold and match the bottom of this truck. I'll be putting my black obs diesel front bumper on the front of the truck. I'll be mounting my Magnum headache rack with my antenna bracket on the back and ditching the diamond plate tool box it has on it right now. I'll be pulling the rear bumper and getting a KMA rear bumper with some jerry can holders and a CB antenna mount and D ring shackles and I'll be making my own tire holder for it. The interior is supposively in great condition. Its a bench though. I'll be pulling the bench and doing leather OBS captains seats full power in tan. And I'll probably do a Full center console out of a NBS Tahoe or a Yukon or maybe a 2500 or something whatever just swaps over. As far as sound in the interior I'm probably gonna throw in a Pioneer MVH P8300BT some nice speakers all around and a 10 behind the seat.

As far as the deposit on the other truck, my mom passed away the 22nd and my life has been to crazy to care and I forgot to tell the other guy I didn't want the truck anymore (I deposited him $200.00 like an idiot) I'm gonna contact him and tell him as nicely as I can, I bought the same model truck except a lot nicer for $1000.00 less then he wanted for his beater and ask for my deposit back. If he says no, I'll curse him out and call it a day and kick myself in the face.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well thank you for considering Sully ha. If you drove from Ontario to southwest florida I'd **** bricks that you drove this far then go show you a good time on spring break ha.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Part of buying this truck was that I was buying it as a keeping it for ever kinda deal. Thus I don't care if I change the color of the vehicle for resale value. I hate the green on top but I don't mind the gold on the bottom. Think I might get the bottom repainted, when I take off that chrome lining on the fenders and put my OEM fender flares from my 2 door tahoe onto the rcsb. Then change the color on the top from green to carmine red like my tahoe that I'm getting rid of since the carmine red and gold two tone REALLY grew on me in the past year or so I went from thinking it was ugly to thinking it was really unique looking and liking it. Don't give me the whole shoulda found the truck in the color you wanted ha, I couldn't. Its either that or a nice camo wrap, a camo paint job, or a olive drab paint job or desert tan both in a flat/matte/satin kinda finish. Paint will coming in the following weeks when I get everything pieced together, painter is a good family friend and would probably do it for $500-1000 for the red on top gold on bottom deal, he does great work. Would probably do it for about $500.00 for the camo or OD or Desert tan, will see what he has to say since he doesn't do that kind of thing and doesn't really like doing **** unless hes gonna do quality work. Any advice on going with camo or single color military style paint jobs?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like alot of plans for the shorty, should be interesting. I would say that the green truck does not have a body lift on it, so most likely cranked up to fit the 33's. Personally I really like the green color it is now. But for paint IMO dont paint camo, just looks bad, olive drab takes the right truck to look good. With a good lift and tires, black bumpers and flares it could be fit your truck in the end.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No lie your truck is part of my inspiration. Its should shape out really well. I plan on doing some other mechanical things like hyrdo boost, possible front sas, and possibly an LQ4 one day when I have all my parts infront of me. It'll most likely stay the color it is for a while depending on what I plan to do. I might go with the route you did on your 92', except I saw your write up about it and how you've had problems with it. I guess I'd try and prevent the problems you had if thats possible. I wonder if they make a wrap like that for around the same price that is like a desert tan or olive drab or something. It'll be semi lifted, teflon wheels, black satin bumpers and oem flares.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the warmer temps you have in FL I wouldnt think you would have the shrinking and brittle problem I have here in below zero temps. Overall I am happy with it, hoping that in the warmer temps in does go back to place. Once the temps do warm up I have a few spots to fix up.

I do think I have seen a couple desert patterns, atleast the digital army ones. If you do decide on the wrap PM me and Ill try to give you my best thoughts and ideas on it. Be sure to post some pics when you get the truck.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Things to do when I'm swapping the engine / tranny :

Change PCM Tune
Lug Nuts on AR wheels
Replace Header Gaskets
Get New Lug Nuts for wheels
Exhaust for new truck
Pressure wash engine
Clean K&N Filter
Change Engine Oil

Mechanical pieces I want for this truck asap :

14 Bolt SF 9.5" 6 lug
Tranny Cooler
Electric Fans
Long Tubes
Hydro Boost

Appearance :

Satin paint on bumpers front and rear
southern red n blue on the front bumper
Mount Light Bar to Headache Rack?
KMA rear bumper
Transfer grille from tahoe
transfer HIDS from tahoe
Transfer gauge cluster from tahoe

Last edited:

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trucks home. Drove it home 590 miles. Round trip of about 1300 miles stop and go. Its name is Dixie.
1996 Green N' Gold RCSB Z71 4x4
stock 10 Bolt Rear w/3.73's- stock G80 - rebuilt L31 bolt ons -built 4l65e - AR Mojave's Teflons
Mods Planned: E-FANS - 14Bolt SF 9.5" rear - hydroboost -HIDs - vinyl camo wrap - KMA rear bumper - diesel front bumper - headache rack - low profile black toolbox - oem style fender flares - 6" RCX - 4.10 gears -
redo interior - line x'd bed over the rails - captain seats - Pioneer MVH-P8300BT - slider rear window - vinyl floors - etc...

Last edited: