Black Coffee's 98' RCSB 4wd build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok.. So news regarding the situation. This is 100% official. The K1500 that I'm currently in is going to become my pretty work truck. I'm not intoxicated or crazy here. I'm putting my 2 door tahoe on a trailer and pulling it up to Murphy, NC. First will come the 6.0L LQ4 swap and the NBS dash swap in the 2 door tahoe. Once thats complete I'll be putting the 2 door on a trailer that I will pull with my K1500. Once in the shop in NC, Both trucks will go up on jacks and the swaps will begin. The 2 door tahoe will get the k1500's front and rear end, lift kit, tires/wheels, bumpers, mirrors. The k1500 will retain its current rebuilt 5.7L and 4L60e, it will get the tahoes original 10 bolt rear and front end both geared at 3.73, mirrors, bumpers, tires/wheels. The k1500 will be my pretty work pig, and the 2 door tahoe will be my DD. This is a good outcome. From now on you'll see nothing but progress. Things might get interesting.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you'll be more satisfied with my 2 door. I guarantee you. RCSB's not going anywhere and I have plans for it to, just like 2 door tahoes better when it comes down to it certainly when its sitting there staring at you every day, can fit more people, is more attractive, shorter wheel base, has room for my ****, better for camping, better turning radius, amazingly somehow much better aerodynamics, better ride and a better "driving" vehicle.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Because of lack of funds for the time being, I've decided to finish the truck as is and then to over the summer or whenever I have the funds do the tahoe as well. Planning to do the 6.0L swap/dash swap in the truck now.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
bought new interior and exterior door handles for the pickup. As of ever since I've got the vehicle I've had to deal with 2 broken handles on the inside and 2 ****** up looking handles on the outside, should be a nice improvement. Finally finishing my onboard air setup tomorrow, mounting it where the spare tire use to go. Should have full on board air for small tools and my 1 grover stutter horn want to run 2 but that'll have to wait for alittle.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
if you go to 4.88's let me know i got the front diff you need :p. where is nokomis?

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what kind of setup are you using for your onboard air?