Black Coffee's 98' RCSB 4wd build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year 6bt would be easiest to swap? Different years had different power outputs and configurations. If I did that I'd want to run the NV4500 for sure. I'd have to have some one help me though =/.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
I mean that would be sweet to run a 12v 4bt or 6bt and the nv4500 which would be **** But I have no clue how to do that swap I'd need someones help in real life ha. All my buddies that were into this **** either moved or went off to college a few years ago. All my friends that stuck around our town dont have a clue how to do motor swaps. Need new friends ha..

yeah man ik what you mean. I've never done a motor swap let alone a diesel swap. but i would assume its relatively straight forward especially with an all mechanical motor not have to worry about all the electronics and what not

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly though, I'd like to do a 6.0L swap just because I think there badass motors and I like the large variety of bolt tons / mods. I'm quite familar with vortec/LS motors. That and I'd like to a NBS dash along with it with the correct gauges and all.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
Honestly though, I'd like to do a 6.0L swap just because I think there badass motors and I like the large variety of bolt tons / mods. I'm quite familar with vortec/LS motors. That and I'd like to a NBS dash along with it with the correct gauges and all.

oh yeah dude they are for sure. I'm just giving you an option. i don't want you to change just cuz some random dude said so haha

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only way I could do a 4/6bt swap would be to go up to murphy north carolina and go to a guy I know throw a close family friend. Ask him if hes down to do it, how much, and then we'd just find the motor up there and all. But the 6.0L I can find locally and just bring it back to my shed and get everything peiced together so that I'm already to go. Also swapping in a manual transmission in this truck would get really exspensive I have a feeling.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

This is it in its prime I guess. IF I had dumped the money that I've dumped into my truck into this, it would have been the nicest obs truck you'd ever seen ha. Still have it and intend on keeping it and eventually restoring it to 100%. IMO best color combo on a 2 door tahoe, looks so good with the fender flares and the black accents SUCH a macho looking little truck love that thing. That was my "first" kinda first truck I'd ever had and I did a lot of stupid **** to it and with it, it was my high school vehicle and I have a lot of fun memories in it. It'll always be my favorite vehicle but it needs a lot of TLC. That vehicle is SOOOO much more practical then my pickup ha. I'm still torn as to if I should just do the 6.0L swap in the tahoe and then transfer over the rear end / lift / front end / bumpers / mirrors / tires into it to from my grey truck. Then just keep the pickup as my good looking stock looking work truck.

What do you guys think? Will the front/rear end swap over from my 2 door to this truck? Will the lift kit swap over to the tahoe? The tahoe IS alot more practical for me because of its unique barn door rear and the large space it has to store **** safely. The turning radius in my pickup SUCKS compared to the 2 door. And i'm convinced the built 4L60e would hold up to a 6.0l with bolt ons. I wouldn't be at a lose for anything aswell, the tahoes front/rear end are in good shape, I have nice tires/wheels to put on the truck, the shocks are nice on the tahoe that would swap over, and the pickup would keep its motor with around 40K miles on it. This would also give me time to do the 6.0L swap. I could just do it in the tahoe while I drive the truck as is.

Last edited:

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That would be the most educated thing to do, then I'll have to great running GMT 400's and the 2 door won't just be sitting there anymore.. Still pondering.... I keep going back and fourth on this and I just can't keep going back and fourth.