Best QUIET/stock muffler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The 98 I'm picking up Friday has true duals with the cats and glasspacks coming straight out the back. I'd like to change it back to stock with a DI/SO muffler that is super quiet (stock) and run a pipe out the passenger side just like stock. Anybody know where to start looking for a muffler like that?

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run a Dynomax Ultra flo X and much to my surprise it basically sounds stock. There was a little drone but after it broke in that drone is gone. It's quiet and non-restrictive to help the mpg's.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cut a stock one off at a junkyard. much cheaper

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
and i would let a muffler shop install a tailpipe not that factory dogleg looking pipe... those things look horrible.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's illegal for salvage yards to sell used exhaust parts.
really? the ones I go to must say screw the epa. Plenty of untouched exhaust systems, just hack away. I got a stock muffler for my brother that way, think it was about 10 bucks.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yep my guy here that does superb work said it would be $299 with a DI/SO muffler he has and to re-do the tailpipe. Seemed high. His muffler was $117.