Best exhaust option for the next few years?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I'll be attending Auburn University this fall and looks like I'll be taking ole white girl down there with me for the first year or two. I live around Huntsville which is about 4 hours from Auburn all highway or interstate. Right now I'm running true dual no cats into 4x18" tips. I get roughly 11-13mpg. I know this would suck on gas and it's too loud for a college campus. Not to mention stop and go on Auburn's campus and the small city of Opelika.

Two questions:
1. What would be the best option for this kind of driving?
2. What would be the most economical option for this kind of driving?

Besides selling it:Big Laugh: I'm fine with going to stock but I don't know much about all the performance setups that are out there. Thanks guys.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Changing your exhaust isn't going to drastically effect your mpg, unless you clog it. So that is mostly irrelevant.

If you want to quiet it down, stack some straight through mufflers of the longest you can fit. Like 2 18" dynomax on each side.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
A couple cheap options:

Glasspacks: still pretty loud, only muffle slightly, raspy

Flowmaster 40 knock offs (thrush welded or equivalent): a little less noisy than glasspacks, will muffle out higher tones

What are you going to study at Auburn?

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A couple cheap options:

Glasspacks: still pretty loud, only muffle slightly, raspy

Flowmaster 40 knock offs (thrush welded or equivalent): a little less noisy than glasspacks, will muffle out higher tones

What are you going to study at Auburn?
My ACT wasn't quite up to par at 26 so right now I'm majoring in Forestry to get my foot in the door, but I could study anything in the College of Agriculture and be beyond happy.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
My ACT wasn't quite up to par at 26 so right now I'm majoring in Forestry to get my foot in the door, but I could study anything in the College of Agriculture and be beyond happy.
Study, happy, and college, just don't belong in the same sentence lol. I started at 27, graduated couple weeks ago (30 now), and hated every moment of it. Computer science, certs in programming and database management.

Good luck though!

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Dynomax Ultra Flo's can be had for less than $60 a piece from Amazon. Quiet at cruise and loud when you wood the pedal. The are stainless to boot.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dynomax Ultra Flo's can be had for less than $60 a piece from Amazon. Quiet at cruise and loud when you wood the pedal. The are stainless to boot.
Would I need to get two for both exhaust pipes? Again my knowledge of exhausts is very limited lol

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Study, happy, and college, just don't belong in the same sentence lol. I started at 27, graduated couple weeks ago (30 now), and hated every moment of it. Computer science, certs in programming and database management.

Good luck though!
Thank you! I'm hoping I can keep a leveled head. Hopefully I'll find something there that I'm real eager to excel at. Wish I liked technology though, it's definitely the future. I'll be happy to have my own landscaping company or something. The plan truck-wise is to always have my by-then antique '93 and a daily driver newer Chevy or GMC.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Check out the Jones Max Flow mufflers. Very similar to Magnaflow at half the price. Stainless construction. It's what I have, and I'm very pleased.