Bed lining the rockers and bottom of doors/bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZackGuerette

Reaction score
I know a few people have done it, but how does it hold up with preventing rot on the bottom of doors, rockers and can corners and how does it look?

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it depends on which type you use, I have seen it look either really good or really bad. My 85 has a bedlined lower section but you cant tell because it wasn't an abrasive finish and was painted over . If I were to do it over again, I would find the smoothest finish and paint over it to match but that's me! If the vehicle is really rusty, it is only a temporary fix, the rust still bleeds through then it looks like complete hell and a cobjob.

LessThenStellar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I literally did this exact thing over the weekend. I used Rustoleum bedliner you can get anywhere. I've had good results with it in the past, even if it chips it's easy to touch up.

You must be registered for see images attach

FYI, if you warm the can up to about 90* it comes out of the cans way better, THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT LIKE TO BE COLD. I set the can in front out a halogen light to warm it up.

Mischiefse7en

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Line-x works good, my dad did his whole rockers up the back and the roof, and his hood too because of rock chips

basically they use aluminum tape to cover up the holes and spray right over it, cant even tell. He had some fairly big holes in the cab corners and rockers. His truck has 417k miles!

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id just go get it linexed. Well worth the money. Heres my 02 that i had done. Its not blotchy like it looks in the picture, just was drying from a recent wash

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
Another thing you can do is get clear chip guard its cheap easy to spray on lasts forever and best of all you get to keep your factory color, unless you like the black then go for the bed liner :lol:

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Id just go get it linexed. Well worth the money. Heres my 02 that i had done. Its not blotchy like it looks in the picture, just was drying from a recent wash

I really like that. I think it looks good and protects too. I don't care what Scott says L0L!

Jk!

I plan on doing this with monstaliner on my truck. Besides my paint is so gone it won't even matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

The 2 trucks ive done

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score

The 2 trucks ive done

I love it. The only thing I am adding too mine is also thinking of doing the bumpers and grill and maybe even the tailgate. I will get a new smoothie front bumper in primer. I already have the black grill so I don't have to worry about the chrome junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Itll look sweet man