Bed leaning to the right I've tried everything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluC10

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

So its is kind of hard to tell from the pictures, but this is my 96 I just did a 3/4 drop on (this is just the rear dropped in pics) before I lowered it the rear right always sagged a noticeable amount and I was hoping after doing the new hangars and shackles somehow it would magically go away....that didn't happen.

Front of the truck is dropped now as well and it still sags in the right rear. In the first picture you can kind of tell where it's coming from. The bed up by the cab has an even gap the whole way across but the farther back you go the lower the bed gets. I have took the truck to the spring shop and everything measured out and looked perfectly straight. Brand new bell tech shocks as well. When we took the bed off to do the drop it all looked good and couldn't see anything noticeably wrong. Anyone have any ideas at all?!?!?! Can beds "warp" to cause this?? The tailgate-bumper gap is the same all the way across if that helps. I'm so lost and I don't want to finish building this motor If something is seriously wrong with the truck.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let's think this through - we know the back of the bed appears to be in line with the rear bumper AND the front appears to be in line with the back of the cab.

1st we need a datum point, let's use the frame in relation to the ground. IF the frame is straight and level side to side at the cab and bed mounts in relation to the ground, IF the rear bumper is straight and level with the frame.

THEN both the rear of the cab AND the front of the bed are/maybe too high making it look like the bed is low in the right rear instead of too high in the right front???

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the bed is bent it will pull the frame out of alignment when bolted on.
the pics don't show much. It could be high on the other side.
WHat equipment did the spring shop have?
Measuring of frames needs to be done with 3 dimensional equipment. A tape measure or tram bar will
not do the job, especially with a suspected height issue like you have.

BluC10

Reaction score
If the bed is bent it will pull the frame out of alignment when bolted on.
the pics don't show much. It could be high on the other side.
WHat equipment did the spring shop have?
Measuring of frames needs to be done with 3 dimensional equipment. A tape measure or tram bar will
not do the job, especially with a suspected height issue like you have.

Sorry about duplicate posts I have no clue how that happened...I'm a noob lol

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have seen what you are saying.driving behind trucks.from time to time.i think something happens and the frame twist.you should call a Chevy dealer.see if the service writer would ask one of the body shop guys about it.they may know about this.