Trying to find the right throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95gmcguy

Reaction score
One of the TBI injector pods cracked on my 95 gmc K2500 7.4L 454 and trying to find the right part (even the full throttle body assembly) is proving very difficult. It seems they no longer reproduce the part and even used on ebay I haven't found any that match the part # on my current throttle body #17094060 was wondering if anyone knows how interchangeable they are? I found one pulled off a 92-95 7.4L with part #17093049 that looks very similar. would this fit? Thanks ahead for any help I'm struggling hard!

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this the casting that the injectors pop into, or the casting that the regulator is on, and which covers the top part of the injector?

If it's the regulator/top casting, I'm thinking the pressure regulator is different--yours would be the higher, ~30 psi unit. Most TBIs are around 9--13 psi.

If you were to swap your regulator housing 'n' spring into another casting, that might work OK.

I don't know what detail differences there might be. All I can say is that--aside from the pressure, and the style of regulator--I thought they were all interchangeable.

And about the same for the casting that the injectors drop into.

But I've been wrong before.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
tbi l19 454 230 hp @ 3600 385 lb/ft torque @ 1600 rpm
3/4 and 1 ton as well as 1990 454SS 80 lb/hr injectors (9-13 psi low pressure fuel system)
tbi l19 454 255hp @ 4000rpm 405 lb/ft torque @ 2400 rpm
454SS(91-93) and 94-95 3/4 and 1 ton trucks used 90 lb/hr injectors at 28-32 psi (high pressure system)
info from here https://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/454-tbi-vs-454-vortec.59727/ see post #3
I do not know if these used the same fuel pressure regulators and springs or not they used different injectors from one another. I think but am not 100% on this the low psi system used the same fuel pump as the 4.3 v6 305 and 350 and the high psi system used a different pump

95gmcguy

Reaction score
Is this the casting that the injectors pop into, or the casting that the regulator is on, and which covers the top part of the injector?

If it's the regulator/top casting, I'm thinking the pressure regulator is different--yours would be the higher, ~30 psi unit. Most TBIs are around 9--13 psi.

If you were to swap your regulator housing 'n' spring into another casting, that might work OK.

I don't know what detail differences there might be. All I can say is that--aside from the pressure, and the style of regulator--I thought they were all interchangeable.

And about the same for the casting that the injectors drop into.

But I've been wrong before.
This would be the casting the injectors pop into. Good to know about the pressure difference, I didn't think about swapping the regulator housing! Does anyone even know how/why one of these would crack? It chipped off right near the jet of the injector.

Oakr11

Reaction score
One of the TBI injector pods cracked on my 95 gmc K2500 7.4L 454 and trying to find the right part (even the full throttle body assembly) is proving very difficult. It seems they no longer reproduce the part and even used on ebay I haven't found any that match the part # on my current throttle body #17094060 was wondering if anyone knows how interchangeable they are? I found one pulled off a 92-95 7.4L with part #17093049 that looks very similar. would this fit? Thanks ahead for any help I'm struggling hard!
I believe the injector pods on the small blocks are the same as the big blocks. The venturi (lower part) is the part that is larger. The sbc ones are a dime a dozen