axle shims needed after 2" lift using blocks and crank???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Angle lift blocks! Sold by everyone! The shims are angled for four blocks that don't have angles. :suicide

Sent from ®obland

I must have missed those when web searching for lift blocks. I went outside to look at the ones I have installed and they are the standard tuff country 2" lift blocks. At the time, I may not have looked too much into the pinion angle as a issue since I figured a 2" lift wouldnt effect the driveshaft angle.

I am going to get under there tonight and make sure the U bolts are tight before I go and blame bad angles on this thumping feeling I get when taking off. Hopefully its just as simple as loose nuts.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Angle lift blocks! Sold by everyone! The shims are angled for four blocks that don't have angles. :suicide

Sent from ®obland
Never herd of angled blocks. I knew of the shims from drag racing, dial in your traction/holeshot. I may pick up a set of angled blocks if I decide against aals :shrug:
I must have missed those when web searching for lift blocks. I went outside to look at the ones I have installed and they are the standard tuff country 2" lift blocks. At the time, I may not have looked too much into the pinion angle as a issue since I figured a 2" lift wouldnt effect the driveshaft angle.

I am going to get under there tonight and make sure the U bolts are tight before I go and blame bad angles on this thumping feeling I get when taking off. Hopefully its just as simple as loose nuts.
Good idea
You should try to grease your driveshaft slip yoke. I have to do mine every so often.

:word:

I have a vibration at certain speeds, figured it was pinion angles... Thanks for the heads up Everyone :handshake:

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have 2" blocks, I would go with 2* or 2.5* shims. I put 2.5" lift springs on the back of my truck and 4* shims was too much. Typically you go one degree per inch of lift.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update.... I checked the nuts for the U bolts and they were all tight. I cannot find anything else out of place under the truck that would cause the thump/clunk when I take off from a stop. It does it just the back of the truck sags down from acceleration. It does it at a normal to easy take off. Only does it once. Definitely coming from the rear of the truck. I guess my next thing is grease the U joints and then buy angled blocks.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 3in blocks I just took out of my truck were not angled.. Neither were the 1inch blocks I put back in... Are they supposed to be?