aussie built bagged and bd'd obs on billets!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice build. It's cool to see when someone has the resources to do a complete frame-off build. I tried doing it on a 1957 Chevy pickup truck and I realized that I lacked the time, money, tools and expertise to get it done. That's a hell of a double edged sword when it comes to the government inspections. On one hand it's kind of good that they go out of their way to make sure everything is safe, on the downside it makes things very cost prohibitive for builders. There are plenty of guys who make alterations to their vehicles in the United States and I have not really heard of any safety issues. I do recall that some of the independent front suspension (IFS) manufacturers for the early-model vehicles had some issues with fasteners and some with their designs, but luckily nobody was hurt and those were only a handful of problems reported that I had heard of.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
wow, thats crazy that your laws are that strict, but sometimes i wish it was that way here in the states... specifically here in arkansas, if it can drive down the street, it is legal.... i hate the fact that people lift these crown vic's on 26's and bigger, on stock brakes... it takes them two blocks to stop from a 15mph roll..... people like that should just have their cars crushed, and be done with it.

keep up the progress, and post more pictures as they come around!!!

btw how much would a right hand drive dash cost there in us money and how much would it cost to ship it here?

ryan350

Reaction score
thanks for the replies all, appreciate them alot as you would all know i have put alot of hours into just getting it down to the stripped staged!!! yes our rules are a bit crappy but like i say it keeps death traps off the road so that keeps me happy! as for a dash not sure on the price, really depends what model obs you have? bare in mind it will not be a real easy job to convert to rhd! if you are genuinly interested i can get a price on a dash, need to know what year but! you will also need a rhd steering box too i think! shipping would cost a bit i would imagine!! Anyone know where i can get a 6 lug big brake upgrade for the front also?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very awesome truck, love the wheels too, for those looking for right hand drive part's, there is a square dash burb for sale in Bald Knob, AR, that is right hand drive, everything is there the dash, steering column, the sector, the guy's only asking 600 for the whole burb on Craigslist.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
yeah, i am interested in it... i imagine i would have to rework a lot of the wiring, but it would be awesome to have a right hand drive silvy up here... i have only seen a handful of right hand drive vehicles.. and most of those are in teh big cities

edit: my truck is a 98, so 96-99 obs would work

Last edited:

95ukawn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its gonna be an awesome build man! also, you guys laws waaay to strict! but i do like the fact that you are building a custom truck thats is built to "engineered standards"

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice looking truck Ryan...guessing you're over Dandy way?
The 'Intro's' look great....tempted to go with something similar/same for my Burb. (Like the look of the new Caddy 22's...so might go with those).
For those looking for a RHD dash. Occasionally a cheap wrecked 'Oz' Burb comes up on Ebay here (ebay.com.au).
They used the 97-98 Blazer dash!

ryan350

Reaction score
hi horward how are you mate? good to have another aussie on this site!!!, Im actually nowhere near dandy mate, im halfway between geelong and ballarat! But i do work in melbourne. As for progress not I have not touched the chassis as im on arvo shift and I have not seen the guy doing my body drop since the weekend so not sure how far he has got. Will be putting some rubber on my rims next week but so i can work out how short i need my diff and then it's just a waiting game till my parts arrive from the usa ie air gear and front bag cups and spindles, once they arrive i can really get stuck into the front end and tub the firewall , hopefully the guy doing my body drop can start on the chassis work once i know how much i need to tub the firewall. Hopefully the next couple of months will be busy getting this thing back to a rolling state and then she will be ready to take to my panel beater!! that's the plan anyways! let's just hope it goes smooth!