aussie built bagged and bd'd obs on billets!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan350

Reaction score
Hi all, names ryan had my truck for about 5 years now and finally bagging and bd'ing it! By the way it's a 1990 rcsb
Plans are bags, parallel 4 link with watts link, 2.5" traditional body drop, leather interior 22x10 billets on rear and 22x8.5" fronts
Engine wise will be running a tpi corvette 350 with a auto trans, rear end will be a ford 9" and have to run full floating hubs on the rear due to the 10" rims (specified by my engineer)and will be running disc brakes all round. Chassis will be boxed from front to rear and possibillity of a rear clip (waiting on the go ahead from my engineer for the rear clip) will be running my airlines through the chassis also. chassis will be painted a bright silver color and will have all new body mount rubbers and suspension bushes throughout the whole truck, will also be using accuair and a air zenith ob2 super 2+2 kit hopefully that should be enough air! anyways here are some photos, any feedback would be great! thanks ryan
You must be registered for see images attach

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
That's awesome. Love the wheels.

I want a right hand drive conversion.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always love seeing a project like this to know that the love of Chevy pickups is alive all over the world. Excellent choice of wheels for sure. Doesn't Australia have tougher rules when it comes to modified vehicles? How do you go about that?

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Super mega awesome - really takes so much work to tear it down that far.

ryan350

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies all, it's coming along quite good! As mentioned it's a great deal of work to get it torn down to the stage that mine is currently at! As you can see I have taken the whole body down to bare metal and even got the firewall , floor, and door jambs and around the windows sandblasted while i had the frame sandblasted! Expense will not be spared on this for the most part! All suspension parts ect... must be good quality and the fabrication work must be second to none, in saying that it will not be real fancy outrageuos fab but just good quality strong and practical so i can jump in and drive it everyday and not have to worry about components failing ect... I don't see the point in doing a half arsed job and making it look pretty when really it's a hacked up piece of **** covered by nice paint and bodywork! It's a real shame to see poor workmanship and see it time and time again ecspecially on alot of usa sites, in saying that we do have some hacked up **** down under!! just the scene is no where near the size hear like the usa so when hacked work is shown down here the builder get's flamed for bad work! Sick of hearing the same excuse that they cant afford to pay someone to do safe work, if you cant afford to do it safely don't do it! Sorry bout the rant just hate seeing trucks getting praised that are death traps! so if you see something you don't like on the truck tell me, im all for constructive critisizm and it's my first go at bagging a truck so im sure there will be lot's of questions on my behalf to ask!! 1BADGMC yeah our laws are a great deal tougher than you guys have! In the state i live in i must have self levelling fitted (accuair) Bags can not be adjusted while car is in motion and then stuff like bumpstops are a must, shocks are a must No square notches like you guys have are allowed Due to high stress points in the corners of the notch ect... Must have a minimum amount of overlap of notch onto chassis (determined by vehicle engineer) Before i even started chopping my truck i had a registered vehicle engineer inspect my truck and we discussed what i want and he tells me how i have to do it pretty much! (that alone cost $300) Now i have to take photos of all the welding work and fab and continually talk to my engineer to make sure he is happy with all the work! Once the truck is done it gets put through some tests, ie brake tests and high speed swerve tests to make sure it steers and handles well and everything functions correctly! so yes our laws are strict but doing it this way makes my truck 100% legal and safe so im happy to work to the rules we have! To be honest i have not seen a fullsize chev built in the usa (off sites like this one, gmfullsize ect...) that would pass a engineers inspection down hear just for the fact that the notches would be a big no no and stuff like airbag placement on 4 links ect... would not pass under the standards here which to me the builds look finein my eyes ! You guys have got it real good i say! take a look at this site, these blokes build some killer trucks!! will show you the length we go to down under to build a truck to "engineered standards" http://www.dwcustoms.com/site.php cheers ryan

ryan350

Reaction score
also anyone know where i can get a big brake kit for my truck for the front? Mine is now 6 lug (c2500 rotors) and no one does them from what i have found! Am happy to pay money for a custom set up but no one wants to do it!!

6d8muscle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet ride! That right hand drive freaks me out. lol

ryan350

Reaction score
cheers for the replies! i wish it was still left hand drive!! would make things so much easier! now have to go with a aftermarket underdash ac/heater box ect... as stock one wont fit!!