aussie built bagged and bd'd obs on billets!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahhh...OK.
Seems EVERY custom panel shop in Vic is in Dandenong.
How did you go with the original 22's on there? I'd like to put a set of 22's on my Burb...but was worried about any clearance issues.
What are you doing for a power plant and transmission?
What diff are you putting in it?

ryan350

Reaction score
cheers horward i joined your group mate and even mentioned a place on there to by cheap parts in aus! Panelbeating wise i am using a young bloke in churchill actually for the reason that he does alot of custom work on mini trucks ie shaved doors ect.... and he is giving me a reasonable hourly rate then it will be getting painted in geelong by a friend. The original wheels i had on there where only 20" and the only issue i had was that the offset was not right for them so they would scrape on the guards evry now and then over real big bumps ect.... but apart from that i had no drama's as the drop i had on it was only very mild! what drop do you have on yours and also i suggest that you take the front inner guard bolts out and change them to a coach bolt style so that if the tyre does hit them you want take a chunk out of your tyre!! Ring up show wheels australia (in roweville) and see if they have any rims to suit your truck that they are trying to get rid of cheap! That's how i got mine, someone had ordered them then changed there mind so they sold the wheels at 50% off!! I paid $2800 for mine and they retail at about 6k! just ask if they have any wheels to suit a tf rodeo as they are the same stud pattern as chevy 6 lug. As for engine im will be running a tpi motor, been looking at this motor (look at ebay link). Hp wise it's decent and it really looks the goods and the ignition system is self learning which to me is a real good thing! trans wise im running the original t700 which was rebuilt a tricked up by a mate a couple of years ago, he will be stripping it down and checking it out and i will get him to trick it up a bit more for me and will most likely run a 2500 or 2800rpm TCI hi stall convertor. Diff wise i am having john at john taverna chassis shorten and build me a 9" with full floating hubs, 3.5 or 3.7 gears with a lsd and disc brakes also. In my opinion the stock 10 bolt diff's are about as good as a banjo diff out of a 6 cylinder hq as soon as yo put some decent power through them!

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll try the wheel place in Roweville...thanks for the tip.
With the Oz dollar being good at the moment...it's worth importing a set of wheels with tyres (OEM take-off's).
9" sounds good. You're right about the stock 10bolt. Any slight power upgrades and BOOM!!! Usually takes out the trany as well.
Have you considered going with an LS motor?
Parts are readily available and reasonably cheap here.
Yukon have decent prices...in general. Still cheaper to import alot of stuff.
Ebay is my parts store. Lol!

ryan350

Reaction score
Howard as for the wheels yeah i think it is worth while getting rims from the states if there the style you want! most wheels we have down here in 20" + to suit our trucks look **** in my opinion, I have seen a build of a real nice f100 and was the wheels looked hidious on the truck and made the whole truck look cheap in my opinion! either get billet rims which equals big $$$ or get something from the states as there is so much more variety and with the $ the way it is i think it is work it! there is a mob in just parts mag that will ship rims for about $200 aud roughly, cant remember there name but sorry so check out just parts and im sure you will find there ad in there and give them a buzz! I have considered the ls1 (gen3) but to be honest i think the corvette TPI motors look so much better in my opinion and it will be a easier and cheaper conversion and then there is the little stuff like i have a auto to bolt straight behind the tpi motor ect... + im going more for looks than power so yeah tpi it is!

ryan350

Reaction score
more progress
You must be registered for see images attach

ryan350

Reaction score
bit more done!