Anybody else rockin the 305?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My first truck ever was a '96 RCSB work truck with a 305, lots of good memorys made in that truck back in HS. Never had a moments worth of trouble and I seriously regret selling it because it would be the perfect project vehicle now. Hindsites a *****, still see her around town every now and then.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one, 10 to 12 mpg in town and 15 on the hwy. It gets the job done, but I don't ask much of it.

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
MY 91 had a 305 TBI and My black 99 has a 305 Vortec. I hated the TBI , the vortec I would like to upgrade to a 5.3. But for now I have Headers and intake and true duals and shes pretty quick for a 305. I am replacing the headers with stock manifolds though, tired of the leaks.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I've got one I'm building for the Tahoe, call me crazy, I know. Who has a 305 Tahoe, though?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
MY 91 had a 305 TBI and My black 99 has a 305 Vortec. I hated the TBI , the vortec I would like to upgrade to a 5.3. But for now I have Headers and intake and true duals and shes pretty quick for a 305. I am replacing the headers with stock manifolds though, tired of the leaks.

What headers do you have? I've been thinking about getting some, but I don't want leaks.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I have the 305 in my 94 K1500. Stock with the exception of a K&N drop in air filter and a 3" dynomax exhaust. It runs great, gets 14 MPG and has enough power to light the tires up. No complaints here

tlshaner11

Reaction score
i had a 305 in my gmc, not too powerfull but durn if it didnt pull almost anything i asked of it, trans finally went at 176k. but out of all the crap talk ive heard from many i cant back them up, i enjoyed the run i had with the motor. only thing that stopped it was flipping the truck