Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Duals

Votes: 46 54.1%
  • Dumped

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Driver's side

You must be registered for see images attach

Where the back splits to the sides

That's what I was looking for! Thanks.
I haven't run an underbox spare since I did the 4/7 drop. Actually eliminated the whole spare carrier & the crossmember for it. I may be able to have something similar fabbed up. Only prob that I could see is that it wouldn't fit between the spring & the frame like your's. Might be a bit of a headscratcher.
My '98 has a single 3" cat back right now, with the driver side pipe routed forward to tuck up under the oil pan, then back to a custom 'Y' pipe, before the cat. It was pretty loud when the revs got up there. At lower RPM, made the V6 sound like a damn tractor. The addition of a resonater tucked up behind the axle made a huge dif! Mellowed the sound right out. A buddy & I built it with the idea of an LS engine being in front of it. Don't know how it's gonna work out with that. May just end up ripping it all out and starting over when I get the time to drop in a new engine.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
awesome job on the exhaust but why do you have 2 pins on each side for your airbags

Driver's side

Where the back splits to the sides

I haven't run an underbox spare since I did the 4/7 drop. Actually eliminated the whole spare carrier & the crossmember for it. I may be able to have something similar fabbed up. Only prob that I could see is that it wouldn't fit between the spring & the frame like your's. Might be a bit of a headscratcher.
My '98 has a single 3" cat back right now, with the driver side pipe routed forward to tuck up under the oil pan, then back to a custom 'Y' pipe, before the cat. It was pretty loud when the revs got up there. At lower RPM, made the V6 sound like a damn tractor. The addition of a resonater tucked up behind the axle made a huge dif! Mellowed the sound right out. A buddy & I built it with the idea of an LS engine being in front of it. Don't know how it's gonna work out with that. May just end up ripping it all out and starting over when I get the time to drop in a new engine.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Yeah mine's ran this way because of how my suspension and hitch are setup. A stock hitch makes it impossible to go behind with the shackle flip. My old exhaust went behind it. With the larger pipe though i ran a risk of smashing it with the shackle, so i went in front of it this time which isn't possible stock.

This exhaust is loud. Really Loud. But surprisingly quiet in the cab. (these are videos BTW)

awesome job on the exhaust but why do you have 2 pins on each side for your airbags
I have removable "legs" for the airbags. My suspension flexes about 14", the bags only 8". Don't want to use them as a limiting strap.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
heres the way mine exit out both sides..

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
It's a gen 6 454 with vortec heads, mercruiser roller cam and vortec roller lifters powered by a worked over tbi on an edelbrock manifold. By paper it is supposed to be in the neighborhood of 385hp 500ftlb.

Sent from my big block powered HTC gas guzzler.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is on my NBS I have full length headers no cats all 3" mandrel bent Y pipe to a 3" magnaflow then dual 2.5 inch out to double wall stainless tips.. its nice and mellow till I get on it..

Reaction score
"It's a gen 6 454 with vortec heads, mercruiser roller cam and vortec roller lifters powered by a worked over tbi on an edelbrock manifold. By paper it is supposed to be in the neighborhood of 385hp 500ftlb. "

I had a hunch it wasn't your typical stock tbi 350! Sounds great. Love the truck and all your write ups!