Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Duals

Votes: 46 54.1%
  • Dumped

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Now that I have decided on the muffler (Flowmaster Super 40) I am now trying to decide where to exit. What are you guys running? Why do you like it? Why don't you like it? By the way, I have to keep my cats and I haave to have a muffler for inspection purposes. Pics if you can. Thanks for the help.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i prefer 45*s out the back with either a 3.5'' miter cut tip or 4'' rolled... summit racing sells the pipes from the muffler to the tips got like 50 bucks and they are designed to go straight out the back they fit great i have a set on my truck with 45s welded to them with a super 40 and no cat and love it

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
I agree with the 45'd tips. I run 5x18" tips... most people on the forums despise them

You must be registered for see images attach

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got dual 3" chromed out the back. While you're doing exhaust grab some headers and make it true dual!

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I am not to happy about how low they hang (picture makes them look worse) but they run under the spring shackles so they won't tuck up higher.
They have been that way for 6 years now.
I'm thinking of 45 degree them with just pipe (no tips). It's too much work to keep them nice looking and they are already starting to rust.
My truck is a '96 vortec 5.7L so it has stock dual pipes and cats to the muffler, I used a dual in/dual out Flowmaster 50 series muffler with a dual tail pipe kit from a local muffler shop.
In my opinion, tips any larger than 3" or 4", tend to give the exhaust note a "coffee can" sound to it. I hate that.
Of course, that's just my opinion.