Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Duals

Votes: 46 54.1%
  • Dumped

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
depends on where you going for,A single exhaust would be a ideal for towing,hauling,etc but if your going for the sound no doubt true duals.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I just watched the video.......sounds good! Go for it!
It's interesting how the '96+ vortecs sound different that the '95 and earlier TBI trucks.
Must be the old school single cat on the '88-'95's.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I just watched the video.......sounds good! Go for it!
It's interesting how the '96+ vortecs sound different that the '95 and earlier TBI trucks.
Must be the old school single cat on the '88-'95's.

I noticed that too. I want a single exit, but I can't find a kit that comes with the Flowmaster Super 40 and single exit. Everyone I've found is a dual.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Stock Manifolds,
Stock Y-Pipe,
SI/SO 3" in 3" Out FlowMaster40. Muffler is around backseat/tool box area, under cab ofcourse.. About a foot of pipe behind the muffler. everything is forward of the rear axle.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I had them like this when I had a super 40 haha wasnt quite loud enough for me though ( Excuse the pic. I was stuck in some sand before I fixed my 4x4 a long time ago)
You must be registered for see images attach

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GMTNG2lEyQ
I found this a few minutes ago for a different thread.
It reminds me of what we used to do with the exhaust on our old muscle cars/hot rods back in the day (yes... I'm that old).
It inspired me to see how much my local muffler shop will charge me to have it done.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GMTNG2lEyQ
I found this a few minutes ago for a different thread.
It reminds me of what we used to do with the exhaust on our old muscle cars/hot rods back in the day (yes... I'm that old).
It inspired me to see how much my local muffler shop will charge me to have it done.

See, now that's what I wanted to do when I said I would get a universal pipe kit. I want to bring the pipes all the way out to the inner bed side and then andgle them down into the corner. Like it is invisible :naughty:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
My Favorite is either dumped right behind the rear axle with a 4" tip, or exit right before the rear tire with 2 double walled angle cut 3" tips.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I don't think there is a "universal" pipe kit like in the video.....at least I haven't been able to find one lately. We always had to have it custom bent back then.
I'm going to have it done but I'm not sure when.
Why I went with my present tips 6 years ago, I haven't a clue, but I will rectify it soon enough.
Good luck!