AM92's 98 K1500 "Elsie" Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres some motivation for you bud
You must be registered for see images attach

Not seeing how these look work truckish but everyone has different taste

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Like I said, right now I like the moulding and plan on leaving it on. Since my rear bumper is black and the front will be eventually I think it will tie it all together well. Those trucks are awesome though ^^^

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you should leave the molding on. I'm leaving the molding on mine, I feel like it breaks up the white a little bit, and it adds that little bit of protection incase a passenger opens your door into something!

After my mom opened her passenger door on her Camaro (it's white too :p) into a (luckily) unpainted pole, causing no damage, I don't trust anyone with my doors anymore haha.

White is my favourite colour on almost any vehicle, and these trucks pull it off nicely.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I think you should leave the molding on. I'm leaving the molding on mine, I feel like it breaks up the white a little bit, and it adds that little bit of protection incase a passenger opens your door into something!

Thats exactly what I'm thinking, gotta watch out for people who open their doors into your truck too...

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I'm thinking, gotta watch out for people who open their doors into your truck too...

Exactly!

I think I would demold mine, but I like it enough to leave it, and there are A LOT of stupid people here. Most people here have no respect for vehicles, and ESPECIALLY not for other people's vehicles.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Im prob staying with the molding on my truck as well especially if i wind up doing a black bumper in the rear like Andrew. However what i may do is get the bumper powder coated silver and have the top portion done with black spray on box liner to mimic the appearance of the stock chrome bumper with the black plastic step pads.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Im prob staying with the molding on my truck as well especially if i wind up doing a black bumper in the rear like Andrew. However what i may do is get the bumper powder coated silver and have the top portion done with black spray on box liner to mimic the appearance of the stock chrome bumper with the black plastic step pads.

That could be pretty cool...:hmm: Mine still need a little tweaking, but I'm happy with it though

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
That could be pretty cool...:hmm: Mine still need a little tweaking, but I'm happy with it though

Main reason im considering that route is because the black rear bumper and chrome front look bugs the hell out of me lol. and of course since i have a Diesel i cant just go and buy a new painted front like i could with a gasser...the supplier i would be buying a bumper from doesn't sell black painted Diesel bumpers.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Finished up the lighted upper corner mod today :)