AM92's 98 K1500 "Elsie" Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Well, I guess I might as well start a "build" thread...its gonna be slow because funds are short as a college student, but I've got lots of plans. I plan on keeping the truck forever so hopefully someday it'll be exactly how I want it.
Bought the truck in Dec 2009 and it was a bone stock k1500 with 129k on it. I've got one pic from the day I drove it home but can't get it off my phone. First mod I did was about a week after I bought her, I had dual magnaflows 2.5" in/out with an H-pipe and tips out the back. Then I found a grille guard on CL for $80 and installed that. Over the next 5 months (my last semester of high school) I designed and built my rear bumper from 5" square tubing. Also added shorty headers and a 2.25" off-road mid-pipe.
You must be registered for see images attach

That summer I decided to do a DIY bedliner and herculined the bed and bed rails.

Found some wheels on CL for $75 and decided what the hell

After a while I decided the tips cluttered up the rear too much so I dumped them after the axle

Just enjoyed driving her and playing in the mud for a while, but the grille guard being rounded near the headlights really started to bug me.

So...bought some smoked amber corners off a member here and decided to colormatch the grille

Just a couple weeks ago I found some barely used wheels and 305/70R16 tires and snatched them up
Also bought (stole) a body lift from Dirtyhick along the way and it will be going on within the next month when I get done with classes.
As she sits now :)

New headlights and parking lights are going on tomorrow and upper corner mod maybe next week
Feel free to comment or make suggestions as its a work in progress and I'm always looking for ideas

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good , nice job on the bumber! now need to match the front..

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
New headlights and parking lights got installed today :) , and I cut up my stock corners and glued the socket onto my uppers, just waiting for my pigtails to come in now