AM92's 98 K1500 "Elsie" Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Wow, its been a while since I've updated this, but not much has been done to the truck since I've been working as a co-op with Toyota for the semester. Over Thanksgiving I swapped in a 14 bolt semi-float rear end but that's it. Now that I'm done working, I have some extra time and a little extra money burning a hole in my pocket and I want to replace my crappy shorty headers with longtubes. I've narrowed it down to 2, but I'm not sure which would be easier to install.
Option 1 is the Hooker 2462: http://www.jegs.com/i/Hooker+Headers/520/2462/10002/-1
To run those I would need to have O2 bungs welded in the collectors and get an EGR plug like this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/nal-12556596
Option 2 is OBX Headers: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Long-Tu...844&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=181042687585&
For these I would have to find a way to plug the A.I.R. injection which I'm not sure how to do, but that's it...

What do y'all think?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Haven't seen this thread since last August. Any new updates? Anyone seen Andrew around?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
No new updates on the truck recently...I've actually been about 2000 miles away from her for the past couple months since I'm working as an intern for Ruger up in New Hampshire. Hopefully I'll still have some money to spend on the truck after I finish buying all these guns, haha

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
No new updates on the truck recently...I've actually been about 2000 miles away from her for the past couple months since I'm working as an intern for Ruger up in New Hampshire. Hopefully I'll still have some money to spend on the truck after I finish buying all these guns, haha

Oh that sounds like a kicka$$ job!!! yeah that job would really keep me broke!

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Well damn, it's been forever since I've been on here...
Story time:
So last August I got back from New Hampshire and some friends and I decided to take the boat out to the lake. Elsie got there just fine and we hit the water. About an hour into skiing and tubing I noticed the boat was getting low on gas, so we hopped in the truck and headed out to get some real quick. A few miles down the road, she starts acting a little funny so I decided to play it safe and just turn back. I pulled over to turn around on the highway and it just died. Started it up and it ran for a few seconds then died again. Then wouldn't start or turn over after that. Long story short, the motor seized up. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to fix it at the time so I ended up selling it. The guy said he was gonna fix it up for his daughter and one of my buddies saw it driving around town the other day so I'm glad someone else is getting to enjoy it.
RIP Elsie :(
You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Sad to hear about it. This was the first or second build I read on this forum when I joined, and definitely one of my favorites. :(