All around budget sound setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
The system is still working and sounding great. It is fully broken in now.

Today I decided to put several LED light strips I had laying around on the box. It looks pretty good imo. May be a little bit ricey for some. What do you all think? The video doesn't do the sound or lights justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4StfOFzoUo

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Sounds like time for an upgrade....let's get a couple 3500w 18's in there with a 3500w amp on each one....also let's throw a power cell rack in the bed with 20 batteries....and a huge ass capacitor with a sticker of little calvin pissing on cableguy :evillol:

:lol:

System looks damn good man, I like the light strips.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Sounds like time for an upgrade....let's get a couple 3500w 18's in there with a 3500w amp on each one....also let's throw a power cell rack in the bed with 20 batteries....and a huge ass capacitor with a sticker of little calvin pissing on cableguy :evillol:

:lol:

System looks damn good man, I like the light strips.
Haha I am tempted to upgrade. The day I finished my install a friend showed up with 2 12"s in his. During the winter I have a hard time making money though, so I think I'll sit tight until the warmer months. :)

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Well its the warmer months and I have the itch again.

I 'think' I'm going to sell my single sub box and my DVC 4ohm CVR10 sub. Also got a little Kicker amp I'm going to sell. Then from there I will get a dual 10" downfiring box and 2 CVR 10s with 2 ohm DVCs which I'll wire up to run up at 2ohms and 400RMS power from my current amp. That should shake a little bit.

The other night I was in a remote location where I needed to play music with the truck off for extended periods of time. After a half hour or so I had to shut it off so I wouldn't get stranded because of a dead battery. So I am now looking towards running the dual battery setup as well.

How should I go about removing that giant post that holds in the jack?

Last edited:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hey, do you have a bed tool box or any way to cover batteries in your bed? If so, run the stock-optioned 2nd battery, then another 4 or 5 in the front of the bed(protected from the elements ofcourse). Then run your system off the bed batteries, and your truck off your stock battery, and the 2nd battery just keep on an on/off breaker switch. This way you can run your system and even exterior/interior lights to show off and still have a fully charged backup incase you run your audio and truck power down. Just flip the switch to ON and hit the key :p

I don't freakin remember how that stud comes out now :nono:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh, if you run more than one battery, make sure all batteries that are in the same circuit are matching batteries, their model numbers NEED to match, and their age SHOULD match also.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Hey, do you have a bed tool box or any way to cover batteries in your bed? If so, run the stock-optioned 2nd battery, then another 4 or 5 in the front of the bed(protected from the elements ofcourse). Then run your system off the bed batteries, and your truck off your stock battery, and the 2nd battery just keep on an on/off breaker switch. This way you can run your system and even exterior/interior lights to show off and still have a fully charged backup incase you run your audio and truck power down. Just flip the switch to ON and hit the key :p

I don't freakin remember how that stud comes out now :nono:

I don't have anything at the moment, but I think I'm going to purchase a nice toolbox to put my jack in. I think I'm going to run the 2nd battery in the stock location first and dedicate that battery to the system while the other belongs to the truck, as we discussed a few months ago. That way if I do over do it with the music, I can still drive away in shame, lol.

So I need to purchase two brand new batteries, even if my current one is just dandy?

I'm going to go lurk around the bottom side of my truck with a grinder and see if I can find that stud. :uhoh2:

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Alright! Truck is ready for a bigger system.

For future reference, the stud isn't a big deal to get out. It is actually threaded and has a nut welded to the underside of the body of the truck. The nut is exposed to the elements so it can be rusty, but just crawl underneath and shoot some PB blaster on it. Mine wasn't really rusty, so I just clamped some vice grips on the stud and turned it counter-clockwise. It took about 45 minutes to get the dang thing out, but I was being extra careful not to damage the threads so I can re-install it in the future if needed.

Spring break for me starts today, so I can work full time for the next 15 days or so. By the end of this month it should have 2 10's in it.

On a side note, anybody want to buy a CVR10 and a Atrend box? lol.