Air Cleaner Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will do I have a 2dr with setup on it right now, all billet specialties breather's as well.

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
heres a pic of mine um as for ur questions it did give it more power,engine temp is the same ive had it for awhile already...it does get alot of airflow,mpg is the same i think...u need a throttle body spacer tho else it wont have enough clearance
You must be registered for see images attach

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is on a 262 V6. Its got a V8 air cleaner. I removed the hot air hose, the valve, and its housing. It has a JEGs air tube. A K&N lid and filter. It has a Powercharger, I cut the base of the aircleaner to match it, and covered the powercharger with Dynamat along with the bottom of the aircleaner.

SuperStepside

Reaction score
Here's mine. Summit Racing 14x3 air cleaner with K&N filter.

Throttle body spacer with the choke collar removed.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics guys.
Superstep, has the setup I'm pretty much looking for.

tiresmokindad

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone with a 5.7 TBI in their OBS has swapped their stock air cleaner assembly that runs from the passenger front fender to the throttle body for a standard aftermarket unit such as a Edelbrock lid, K&N air http://www.allairintake.comfilter and can unit ?
And if you did
Does it get enough airflow ?
Did it effect engine temps (temp gauge readings) ?
Did it effect your engine performance ?
Did it effect fuel mileage ?

Reason I'm asking is I'm looking into swapping my stock assembly but would prefer a basic unit that don't require an oiled filter.

Yes I did swapped mine. The airflow that intakes is more efficient than my old one. My engine perfomance also increase and the fuel mileage goes up. In just only few fuels my car takes long miles.

Last edited:

tiresmokindad

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone with a 5.7 TBI in their OBS has swapped their stock air cleaner assembly that runs from the passenger front fender to the throttle body for a standard aftermarket unit such as a Edelbrock lid, filter and can unit ?
And if you did
Does it get enough airflow ?
Did it effect engine temps (temp gauge readings) ?
Did it effect your engine performance ?
Did it effect fuel mileage ?

Reason I'm asking is I'm looking into swapping my stock assembly but would prefer a basic unit that don't require an oiled filter.

I did that. I think it got efficient air flow. The engine's perfomance works well. And it increases the fuel mileage. If you want to, I have a friend who wants to trade for stock assembly.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's mine. Summit Racing 14x3 air cleaner with K&N filter.

Throttle body spacer with the choke collar removed.

that looks good right there.

what kinda spark plug wires are those?

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
with the 14x3 air cleaner from summit is it necessary to have the throttle body spacer?