Air Cleaner Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check your PM's tiresmokindad........I might be interested in swapping

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm.....I thought I read somewhere's that I could run that same air breather set up with a Hypertech Power Charger and the TB Spacer would not be needed.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay guys....I took a good look today and it seems I now have 3 options as far as the Air Intake swap goes but still not to sure which would be more effective so throw some feedback to me
TBI Spacer $70
You must be registered for see images attach

5-1/8" Air Cleaner Spacer $6.00

Hypertech Power Charger $38

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you can find the tbi spacer cheaper from summit for like $50 or maybe ebay?

I'm curious now though....

I got an 88 k1500 tbi, and if I went to put on an open element air cleaner I'd need one of the above? The bottom tbi spacer, "salad bowl", or an air cleaner spacer? What about the flat base air cleaners? don't they have a lil spacer made on the bottom? or can you buy them that way? Would you need an offset base for an hei so you could clear the coil mounted on the intake? Also for single stud can I just get a long straight stud and use it or does it need bent?

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Decided to go the cheapest route and try a Summit Raised Air Filter Base with a 2" Air Cleaner Spacer.
Both combined should give me the clearance needed to clear the coil and throttle linkage.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Old pic of mine

Hey what part # is this on the elderbrock website I like this set up. I guess you just painted it black right an did it just bolt right up or did it take something else like a tb spacer.

Reaction score
I just found this thread and I am wanting to copy that summit intake setup, i want to go with a hypertech power charger, and the summit intake but my question is there are 2 different bases 1. raised 2. dropped. which one do i want? does it matter? from what i read you dont need a spacer if you run the power charger but will a dropped make the air cleaner to low? or will the raised make it to high and rub on the hood?

Thanks