99 Suburban LT K1500 - Slow build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone know of/have any experience with replacement grilles for 94-99 GMC? Looking to swap my front end and paint to match. Trying to get a good quality piece.

My advice would be either buy new OEM and pay an arm and a leg, or go pull an OEM one from a yard. Most of the aftermarket GMC (and Chevy) options I've seen are really hokey looking, with small details that differ from the original very little until you get right up on it and look.

EDIT - Keep in mind you'll need different corner lenses. All your other lights will swap over.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
My advice would be either buy new OEM and pay an arm and a leg, or go pull an OEM one from a yard. Most of the aftermarket GMC (and Chevy) options I've seen are really hokey looking, with small details that differ from the original very little until you get right up on it and look.

EDIT - Keep in mind you'll need different corner lenses. All your other lights will swap over.
Thanks for the info. I'll check and see if my local yard has one - if not... well I don't know, lol.

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you going with a stock a.c. Or aftermarket

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Got home today from the valley; first time with the truck since the exhaust was finished on Friday. Went to install the driveshaft, and its about 1/2" shy of clearing.... !)(*$^@!#)(*$&&!*~!!
He cut more away from the header than I anticipated, looking at it... I don't know how he's going to fix it, although I'll leave it to him to figure out. Going to call in the morning.

While I was under there, I noticed everything is coated in oil... and not old grimy oil either. Freshly sprayed oil. Everything south of the heads is just coated. I'm pretty sure it's getting ready to give up. Fun times.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Barely off...

You must be registered for see images attach