1999 Suburban K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello all just wanted to introduce myself. Im from Sacramento and I own a 99 suburban k1500. Have had it for about 1 year.

- Re-conditioned my heater lines front and rear
- new stock heads
- changed transfer case(4wd finally working)! - Recharged AC system(possibly has a leak, in the middle of investigating)
- new ac delco water pump
- nbs master cylinder upgrade (brakes still not stopping)

Currently in the process
- changing shocks(already out, rear were monroe, maybe upgrading to bilstein or staying with monroe)
- upgrading brake system (rotors, pads, line going to caliper)
- getting rid of these steel chrome wheels and getting the stock wheels(purchased some silverado stock wheels for cheap) back on the truck with A/T tires.
- new bravex distributor going in soon
- changing most bushings of suspension, links, ect…

Attachments

• IMG_7466.jpeg
    IMG_7466.jpeg
    532.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7477.jpeg
    IMG_7477.jpeg
    422.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7478.png
    IMG_7478.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 14

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, from Houston, Texas. I have a '99 C1500(2wd) Suburban and a '97 Silverado C3500 crew cab long bed. The family is currently using the '97 since it has working AC which the Burb doesn't right now.
If I were you, I'd recommend replacing the front brake hoses if they haven't been recently replaced. These collapse internally with age and when they do it makes Big Problems.
The NBS master cylinder may be for a truck with 4 wheel disc brakes; many of them had that. There's several threads on here about brake upgrades using newer model parts. It's a lot of "finding the right combination of parts" for your individual truck.

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Once I upgrade my brake hoses rotors and pads, If I dont feel the new nbs cylinder is helping Ill swap it out for its original one. Mine started to leak so I felt it was the right time to upgrade it but yeah, I don’t have disk brakes on the rear and I don’t feel like converting it to disks.