99 Suburban LT K1500 - Slow build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
The Big Blue Beast - 99 Suburban LT K1500

Hey everyone,

08/2013 - Here's the day I got burtha;
You must be registered for see images attach

09/2013 - Then I got the rims and tires put on her. The rims are obviously Moto Metals, 951 16x9 w/ 4.5"bs and the tires are Treadwright Wardens (BFG) 285/75R16

10/2013 - And now after adding a 1.5" block, cranking level, and removing the stepsides;

02/2014 - I also have added a Alpine H/U with Kickers front and back, and a Sound Ordinance 8" Powered Sub.
And maintenance... New Distributor Cap & Rotor, Gatorback belt, PCV Valve, Fuel Filter, Spark Plugs and Wires, K&N Filter.

I need new cats, and I'll be de-molding/badging as soon as it warms up a little.

Last edited:

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Re-did the front suspension. Moogs and energy suspension all up front.

Inner and Outer Tie Rod Ends
Tie Rod Sleeves
Upper and Lower Ball Joints
Pitman Arm
Idler Arm
LCA/UCA Bushings

Upper ball joints and the pitman arm were a PITA!!!
I ended up torching out the upper ball joints, and using a cutting wheel to get the pitman arm off (gotta use whatcha got).

The difference is night and day though - feels completely different. The entire suspension was stock, original from the factory 15 years ago and 175K miles ago. All the ball joints were toast, there was zero resistance in them; they just flopped around.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never been a burb fan. Kinda like the old Motorola brick phone, not that attractive but handy as hell. But yours reminds me of the burb from the movie dontes peak, just mean and bad ass. I like we're your going, keep up the good work

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Update: 10/19/2014

Got some Spyder Projectors and HIDs installed. I have some other updates coming soon (S&B Intake & tensioner pulley failure)

Here is the housing, I like the appears quality and finish:

Testing the bulbs, and cut-off line.
As you can see, the cutoff line is actually really good, as it was sitting level and aligned on my bumper:

Installed- I need to switch out the backplates I think (unless someone can guide me how to get this thing looking right). But, I stripped out the center of the torx screw on the stock ones the first time I tried to turn it, so I need to get a socket for it. Out of everything, this is my only complaint. It isn't to noticeable when you aren't up close, and I think it looks great on my truck.

Lighting at night, and the cut-off line. Once I get the headlights seated right in the grill, the cut-off line will be much better (as you can see how it should be in the above picture). But it's still pretty good, in my opinion:

Overall, I am more than satisfied for the amount of money I put in. Visibility while driving has increased 10x.
I'll update this post once I have switched out the backplates, or figured out some other way to get the sitting right. And if it they melt.. I'll let you all know.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you get the spyder kit that comes with the 6k hids? Or did you buy them separately?

Last edited:

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Bought them separately. I wasn't aware there was some that came with a HID kit already or I probably would have went that route.