99 Suburban LT K1500 - Slow build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Yeah that looks a little more proper than the springs your PO wore out. Question is, will wifey/mommy let you finish it today.
No mommy, lol. Wife and 3 kids. And it'll be tonight before I get to finish. Also have all 4 door lock actuators to replace.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
All done. Some serious rake now, lifted it about 2.5"s. First impressions though are good, rides a whole lot better. New torsion bars I'm sure will finish things off nicely.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Holy crap. Those stock springs were hella wore out. My eyes about bugged out of my head when you posted pics of their arch (or lack there of) when they were still on the truck.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Holy crap. Those stock springs were hella wore out. My eyes about bugged out of my head when you posted pics of their arch (or lack there of) when they were still on the truck.

Haha, yeah. They were bad. That pic I posted of the new (left) vs old (right) really opened my eyes as to how bad it was. The new springs are night and day difference.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Haha, yeah. They were bad. That pic I posted of the new (left) vs old (right) really opened my eyes as to how bad it was. The new springs are night and day difference.
I bet! Also, I don't think words can explain how happy I am that you linked the site you got them from. I can get a new set of 52" leaf springs for my SAS, cheaper than I can get them used around here.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
What else is back there to lift the rear of your truck? Lift blocks? Are you going to be able to level it out without compromising your CV shaft angles?

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
What else is back there to lift the rear of your truck? Lift blocks? Are you going to be able to level it out without compromising your CV shaft angles?

Yeah, just the 4" superlift blocks, and around 1" of lift from the new springs. I may have a subtle bit of rake after cranking it once I get the new torsion bars. I won't crank beyond 1-2 ribs touching though, so if I still have rake at that point... well I'll learn to live with it lol. I've got not more crank left at the moment, adjuster bolts are all the ways on the passenger side, and close on the driver.

Truck is getting a bunch of QOL updates soon. Have 4 new electric lock actuators to install, getting another motor and regulator for my driver window, getting an A/C system again, replacing the outside door handles (mine are falling apart), tow mirrors, master cylinder and brakes, on the short list so far. Getting my exhaust redone (finally) on the 20th is the current plan. All of which pretty much eats up my new motor fund... so I'll start saving for that again after all that.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I see. So you're running about 5" of lift in the rear. That lift ought to be able to accommodate 6" of lift up front without too much destruction.

When you upgrade your brakes, make sure to include steel flex lines for the rears. Get rid of the rubber lines, all of them. This will give you a LOT more pressure and feel in the pedal.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of/have any experience with replacement grilles for 94-99 GMC? Looking to swap my front end and paint to match. Trying to get a good quality piece.