99 Suburban LT K1500 - Slow build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
At the Flintstones diner the way to the grand canyon, had to stop to piss, snapped this coming out. Looks like I'm running 3" of lift with how stuffed those 35s are. As you can see, I've got a pretty good rake going even with my keys maxed out; I though I was level. Will be ordering leaf springs tomorrow and torsion bars and keys on Friday.

You must be registered for see images attach

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
So I have 2 tires that are about ready to be replaced; should I move up to 37s? or stick with 35s?

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Where are you getting the torsion bars? You'd be inviting an entirely new set of problems or issues with 37's. If you're trying to enjoy this thing, stick with 35's.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting the torsion bars? You'd be inviting an entirely new set of problems or issues with 37's. If you're trying to enjoy this thing, stick with 35's.

That was my thought too - I want the height, but not the added stresses that comes with 37s. I'm trying to find the biggest 35 offered atm, lol.
Torsion bars would be from GMPD - cheapest after shipping from what I've found (still haven't identified exactly which torsion bars to use, but they are all the same price).

Its either part #'s 19330059/19330060 or 15528965/15528966

So if it hasn't been assumed yet, looks like I am keeping it (yet again). $450 a month on mostly interest, that is owed each month vs $450 a month, but sometimes more and sometimes less, directly into the truck itself.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I had a real hard time trying to find the GF5826 bars. In fact, I think I never found them "new". The best option to source "new" bars was to swap to light duty 3/4 ton bars and keys.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I had a real hard time trying to find the GF5826 bars. In fact, I think I never found them "new". The best option to source "new" bars was to swap to light duty 3/4 ton bars and keys.

You have those parts numbers? GMPartsDirect specifies the *0059 and *0060 bars for our K1500 Suburban.

View media item 30889

Last edited:

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I took that sticker off and that's what was printed on it. GF5826. That translated to the latter of the two part number combos you posted above. The ones I couldn't find or gave up trying to find.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Ahh I see. Well I'll give gmpd a call later this week and verify the first set of part numbers I mentioned. Wouldn't be the first time they've updated/changed a part number. I'd hate to have to go the route of light duty 2500 bars (When ride comfort is what I am chasing after here), but if that's what it takes to get new, then that's what it will be. New is the only option - then I know it's done and I have another 100K before needing to think about it.

After torsion bars and leaf springs, it's getting my rear axle looked at to determine if just the passenger side axle shaft is bent, or the tube itself. The rear passenger tire is clearly leaning in (it's always been this way, but getting worse I think) to where the top of the tire is tucked under the flare, and the bottom of the tire is on the outside of the flare. Above 70 and I get hellacious shaking and vibration.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Will a rear axle from a 88 4x4 burb fit my 99 burb? Or are the shock locations, spring perches in different locations.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Got word my leafs springs should be here Wednesday next week. 4/1, 2200# with 1.5" extra arch (For 1" lift) - $377 shipped. Best prices I could find. I'll let you know how they are after I get them, smaller family owned company out of KC.

Torsion bars will have to wait till next paycheck, mortgage is due and I got some lower door seals from LMC (PO took them off, so on hard bumps the door bangs against the body).