99 Suburban LT K1500 - Slow build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
So here's an idea of what my suspension looks like.

CV Angles, no ribs touching, damn near flat and the adjuster bolt on they torsion key is all the ways in.
You must be registered for see images attach

It does appear the bump stops are making contact (don't know how frequently this is happening, but I'd assume a lot).

Here is my rear springs, they are 4/1 which I think is a 2025 or 2200 load rating. Everywhere I check says the suburban should have a 5/1 2900 load rating spring. It looks like these are way to flat, and should be more curved? If someone else with a burb could chime in with a pic that would be helpful.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Here's what's on my 99 suburban

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine are worn and could use replaced so this may not be much help but at least you have something to compare to.

I think mine look flatish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
And mine. They're not flat.

You just need some new spring packs.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
And mine. They're not flat.

You just need some new spring packs.
Yeah yours have a ton of curve. Looks like a 4/1 pack too. Any ideas where to order them?

Also, any insight on the torsion bars/angles?

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I just saw them on rockauto for like 263 apiece. I'm sure you can find them for less than that. It showed a Dayton part number 22905. I think replacing the leaf packs will improve the feel in the front. My angles are about like yours, maybe a little steeper.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I just saw them on rockauto for like 263 apiece. I'm sure you can find them for less than that. It showed a Dayton part number 22905. I think replacing the leaf packs will improve the feel in the front.
SD truck springs has k1500 4/1 pack springs for 98$ a piece. But suburbans show 5/1. Any reason why they wouldn't fit?

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Looks like suburban springs are shorter then pick-up springs. But I did find some 4/1 springs. I'll be ordering them.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I speculate that the 4/1 and 5/1 choices are for different factory towing capacity options. The 4/1 shows 2200# and the 5/1 shows 2700#. This has to be for more tongue weight or overall towing capacity. Both the 1500 and 2500 Suburban show 4/1 and 5/1 packs available as OEM parts options, which suggests what I speculate, that it's based on payload or towing capacity, and that a 5/1 pack could be on a "heavy half" while a 4/1 could be on a light duty 2500.