99 Suburban LT K1500 - Slow build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Got the door marker lights, and door controls done.

So I think I got the wrong color for my dome lights, because the door marker lights are Cool White, and what I would expect. I'm getting replacements for the dome lights that I got in proper Cool White.

You can see here, the difference of Cool White, and whatever color is in the dome lights. The door lights do put off a very subtle blue hue, the camera just isn't picking it up.

You must be registered for see images attach

On a different note- when I did the Battery to Engine negative cable, I found out how bad my engine is. The front of the block is literally covered in wet oil. It turned over and started for a moment today, and then promptly died.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
so have you done anything to it recently?
Sadly, nope. We're waiting on this house deal to finalize, assuming everything goes well. Once it is done though, motor will be rebuilt with a 395 cam, 1.6 sa crane golds, Alex parts springs and retainers, and some head work.

Then I'll be getting a stage 2 transbuilderguy 4l60E and S10 converter.

After that's done, I'll be getting a new grille PTM, LMC quad sealed beam headlights conversion, tow mirrors, 2" wheel spacers for the rear, and LED tails.

Then it'll be done for awhile as I'll be getting another project truck. At some point though I'd like to get a diesel bumper, cowl hood, get my ORD shackle flip out on, and set it up with custom storage in the back.

Last edited:

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone - I've been away. Been busy as hell work wise, finishing up school (at 30, with 3 kids...), the new house and renovations we are making, etc. The truck has just been sitting around, not driving it much (as it makes me sad to do so). It's running, found and fixed the issues that were causing the tranny not to shift right (shorted wires causing it to stick in 2low), did a tune up on the engine, etc. But here it is; I'm selling it.

Things would need to massively work out in a way that gave me $7,500 to spend on it like, right now (more than its worth) to retain me wanting to keep it.

Currently in the works is a 2007 Silverado HD2500 Classic LTZ CCLB LBZ with 106K on the clock, in nearly mint condition. The money I make off the Suburban will be used towards the new truck. Wheels, Tires, leveling kit and block, EFILive AutoCal with Idaho Rob tunes, EGR Delete, PCV Reroute, Turbo Back 5" exhaust, Transgo kit, sound system, tool box and tonneau cover are whats planned. It will pretty much stay that way outside of small things like cosmetics, small quality of life improvements, etc.

It's not a done deal, but there isn't much chance it won't happen. I'm paying a pretty penny for this new truck, and if it falls through, then I'll just continue to save the money and add to the fund, until another truck comes up that meets the criteria I am looking for (low miles, no heavy load work, never been modified, full maintenance history, 1 owner, and from the southwest).

I'm really sad making the decision I am, but I am hyped to own a Dirtymax and have a truck that just works; everything.

I'll be around on here with my new truck, moreso than anywhere else - just not with a gmt400. Someday I'll own another.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Me too bud, me too.

I'm going through a thinking about it stage. Seeing what hits I get on it. Who knows, maybe I'll **** out and keep it. Electrical gremlins and ride quality are the 2 big things bothering me. Tired of fighting with it.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
That's a bummer, I really liked the way you made your Suburban, it's given me motivation for what I want my end goal to be with my 97.
But at the same time I'm looking forward to seeing your Duramax thread.

And who knows, maybe someday you'll come back into possession of your Suburban when you're ready to go back to a 400.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Well, if it makes any of you feel better - I've had 0 interest on the burb thus far (been posted for 3 days).

Assuming I can't sell it - instead of trying to find and fix whatever is causing the horrible ride quality and potentially wasting money; what can I do that's guaranteed to make the truck ride amazing? Amazing to me means soft, but not bouncy. Firm enough for off road, but not so hard it sounds like your hitting 2 sledge hammers together.

I have to enjoy the ride if I am going to keep the truck; atm, I might as well take a hammer to my dome - both end in the same result.