99 K2500 454 Suburban Build(ish) Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
The job is just a lot of digging to get to the injectors and FPR, but nothing the average DIY mechanic cant handle. It took me about 4 hours in my driveway.

The only special tools youll need is a slim profile wrench to get the egr tube off (I just used an adjustable), and a pair of snap ring pliers to remove the FPR.

someotherguy did a very handy write up on chevytalk I believe. A quick google search should find it, its what I followed when I did mine. Id quote it on here but im on my phone lol.

Sweet, thanks for the tips. I'll probably draw it out over a couple of days, cause I'm slow and lazy like that, but the more I look into it the less hard-core it seems.

I've got someotherguy's link as the write up was recommended to me by other users here: http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/257907

I'll definitely be using it.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Nice burb,my wife drives the K1500 of yours...same color too :waytogo:

As for the wire,I wouldn't worry about it,my burb has been like that for years,never a problem.

grampadirt

Reaction score
Thanks Grampa. My mechanic said it's fine as well.

Where are you wheeling in this video Grampa?

It's a palce we call Deer Peak off Del Sur/Coarse Gold Road up Bouquet Canyon just a few miles from me.Come up some time,I'd love to show you first hand :waytogo:

Forget where you live,I believe we've talked about this before.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
It's a palce we call Deer Peak off Del Sur/Coarse Gold Road up Bouquet Canyon just a few miles from me.Come up some time,I'd love to show you first hand :waytogo:

Forget where you live,I believe we've talked about this before.

We talked about it briefly in the my intro thread were you posted the video. I was hoping your trail was a bit closer, although I suppose it's not too bad. I live in Woodland Hills.

There don't seem to be any really nearby places to do even a little off roading around me as far as I can tell. But then, I am in Los Angeles...

grampadirt

Reaction score
We talked about it briefly in the my intro thread were you posted the video. I was hoping your trail was a bit closer, although I suppose it's not too bad. I live in Woodland Hills.

There don't seem to be any really nearby places to do even a little off roading around me as far as I can tell. But then, I am in Los Angeles...

I looked back at your intro thread,says you live in Woodland Hills and yeah,you're not gonna find anywhere to off-road(at least legally)around there.I live in Saugus,not too far from you.Magic Mountain would be the closest land mark.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
I looked back at your intro thread,says you live in Woodland Hills and yeah,you're not gonna find anywhere to off-road(at least legally)around there.I live in Saugus,not too far from you.Magic Mountain would be the closest land mark.

I was thinking Tujunga/Sunland or Santa Clarita/Newhall might have something. But it doesn't look too likely.

grampadirt

Reaction score
I was thinking Tujunga/Sunland or Santa Clarita/Newhall might have something. But it doesn't look too likely.

I live in Santa Clarita(Saugus is a sub-city) and I can assure you there are many dirt trails & roads here...most of my videos are from around here :waytogo:

Follow this link:https://www.youtube.com/user/95K2500 to see my videos.

Last edited:

grampadirt

Reaction score
Getting back to your thread...I was looking to pick up a burb like yours to match my wife's but in the 3/4 version like yours but other things got in the way.