99 K2500 454 Suburban Build(ish) Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
I live in Santa Clarita(Saugus is a sub-city) and I can assure you there are many dirt trails & roads here...most of my videos are from around here :waytogo:

Follow this link:https://www.youtube.com/user/95K2500 to see my videos.

Looks like fun Gramps! Any suggestions for a trail by you that's on the nearer end to my side?

Getting back to your thread...I was looking to pick up a burb like yours to match my wife's but in the 3/4 version like yours but other things got in the way.

Burb hog!

Nice looking truck! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Dave :)

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
Not much of an update here, but I just had the ac condenser replaced, so now I've got cold air! A working AC is pretty much a necessity around here, though we've had a pretty mild summer so far.

Turned out my condenser was leaking.

I think I may just replace my horn next. The horn is a freaking joke on this truck. I'm not a big horn honker, but it does come in handy driving around LA.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Haven't posted a pick in a while, so here she is. It's pretty rare I get to take her of pavement living in the suburbs of L.A., so I snapped a few pics. Although this is just the parking lot of a little hiking area.

Nothing really new on the exterior. She does have a nice new Gates serpentine belt though.

My next few to dos will be new injectors/fpr, fixing the passenger door key hole, and trying to figure out the steering slop issue. I don't think the steering is too bad, as far as these trucks go, but she can be a little sketchy going over 70 (on the freeway) while hitting a bump or twist in the road.

I'm thinking rag joint, speed sensitive steering module thingy, or just steering box adjustments to try and fix the little bit of slop I've got. When I had her aligned the dude said everything seemed fairly tight, and she's only for 67k on her.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
So I've done a few boring things to the 'burb since my last update:

Replaced hack-job power antenna with fixed

Replaced leaky proportioning valve

Replaced speed sensor on steering column, which made a huge improvement in terms of freeway speed steering control

Fixed passenger door lock

Figured out why I couldn't seem to fill my gas tank

Cleaned out the AC coils and added some finer aluminum mesh under the windshield air-intake area

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
What was the prob with filling the gas tank? I remember someone having a hard time with the fueling nozzle shutting off before the tank was full,was that you?

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I live in Santa Clarita(Saugus is a sub-city) and I can assure you there are many dirt trails & roads here...most of my videos are from around here :waytogo:

Follow this link:https://www.youtube.com/user/95K2500 to see my videos.

Sorry to thread jack, but I used to live in Stevensons Ranch back in 07-08.

Nice Burban BTW, a 454, I'm a bit jealous lol.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Sorry to thread jack, but I used to live in Stevensons Ranch back in 07-08.

Nice Burban BTW, a 454, I'm a bit jealous lol.
Don't think Alex will mind :) I was over there today :) Thanks on the Burb,it goes OK :jester:

Do you know Bouquet Cyn.? There are trails there and some day I'd like to see Alex come up so I can show him a couple.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Don't think Alex will mind :) I was over there today :) Thanks on the Burb,it goes OK :jester:

Do you know Bouquet Cyn.? There are trails there and some day I'd like to see Alex come up so I can show him a couple.

Yes! It's beautiful there! I was wheeling a TJ/LJ Rubicon then, but it was a great ride.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
What was the prob with filling the gas tank? I remember someone having a hard time with the fueling nozzle shutting off before the tank was full,was that you?

The problem was just me. I've never had a vehicle that took so much fuel, so I was unaware of the $95/100 limit some stations seem to have. Ended up letting the truck go to empty (got to actually use my AAA) to test the fuel gauge...

One of these days I'll get up to your area and ride the truck through some dirt. I was just checking out this spot, Rowher Flats http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/california_05675/ride_6350.htm

Looks promising and not too far, but it says you need a spark arrestor or end cap. Don't know what either of these are and haven't looked into it yet...