99 K2500 454 Suburban Build(ish) Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
The problem was just me. I've never had a vehicle that took so much fuel, so I was unaware of the $95/100 limit some stations seem to have. Ended up letting the truck go to empty (got to actually use my AAA) to test the fuel gauge...

One of these days I'll get up to your area and ride the truck through some dirt. I was just checking out this spot, Rowher Flats http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/california_05675/ride_6350.htm

Looks promising and not too far, but it says you need a spark arrestor or end cap. Don't know what either of these are and haven't looked into it yet...
Rowher Flat is very rocky and a haven for dirt bikes which is what the ''end cap'' & ''spark arrestor'' refer to(on mufflers),no prob for 4 wheelers.I avoid that place cuz it gets too busy.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
Just a few updates:

Just had the front diff resealed as it started leaking the other weak - for no apparent reason. Had that done and the coolant dumped and filled (it looked pretty nasty) for $400.

Fixed the horn.

Just bought new front shocks, so I'm excited about getting those on and hoping to feel a difference.

Child #2 was due 3 days ago, so my main excuse for buying this monster is finally coming to fruition - family man with the family hauler!

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
On my 350 I just put a small price of wire loom on that sensor wire

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
Had the fuel injectors replaced with a FiveO Bosch set. Also had the FPR replaced and thermostat & housing replaced at the same time (there was some coolant oozing from the area).

I just did a quick outing last night after picking up the truck, but it does seem that the hard warm start issue has been vanquished! It was an annoying issue, but I'm not really sure it was worth ~700 to fix.

Can't say I noticed a real difference in the drive with the new injectors, not that I was expecting anything major. Acceleration may be a bit smoother when going easy on the pedal. I'll need to drive more to see. Also hoping to maybe finally get close to 10mpg one of these days now!

Truck is now nearly where I want it. Last few things to do are fixing the door locks, replacing rear shocks, and maybe getting a blackbear tune as well as new splugs and some middling body bits (driver's sun shade, rear bench plastic coverings...).

Last edited:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Had the fuel injectors replaced with a FiveO Bosch set. Also had the FPR replaced and thermostat & housing replaced at the same time (there was some coolant oozing from the area).

I just did a quick outing last night after picking up the truck, but it does seem that the hard warm start issue has been vanquished! It was an annoying issue, but I'm not really sure it was worth ~700 to fix.

Can't say I noticed a real difference in the drive with the new injectors, not that I was expecting anything major. Acceleration may be a bit smoother when going easy on the pedal. I'll need to drive more to see. Also hoping to maybe finally get close to 10mpg one of these days now!

Truck is now nearly where I want it. Last few things to do are fixing the door locks, replacing rear shocks, and maybe getting a blackbear tune.

$700!? I had my injectors, FPR, upper and lower intake gaskets, a coolant flush, and my upper and lower intake hot-tanked all for like $550 bucks!

What's the issue with your power locks? Mine are non-functioning ever since I bought the truck and I've replaced both door switches;

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
$700!? I had my injectors, FPR, upper and lower intake gaskets, a coolant flush, and my upper and lower intake hot-tanked all for like $550 bucks!

What's the issue with your power locks? Mine are non-functioning ever since I bought the truck and I've replaced both door switches;

Well, the 700 is including the 350 for the Bosch injectors, and the 350 for the work (including new gasket, new thermostat and housing).

My power locks are...weak, I suppose. The driver's door and one rear work fine, but with the other two, you can see the lock moving a bit, but not quite enough to fully unlock/lock on their own. My first try will be to open up the panels and spray the moving parts with lube. Just haven't gotten around to trying this yet.