97 S10 blazer #3 spark plug help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gamikatsu

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warner Robins GA (South of Atlanta 1.5 Hr)
whats the trick to doing a #3 plug... ended up snapping off the insulator and putting a shallow 5/8 socket on a universal and getting it out that way... not comfortable on how tight i got the new plug in there. seems like its binding up on the steering column and i don't want to break a new NGK iridium plug. thanks.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's a V6?

When I did my friends, I had to use a wrench on the spark plug socket. I could only move the wrench about an 8th of a turn at a time if that.

It's a slow process but it gets the job done. A lot of guys actually disconnect the steering shaft or try to do it with a swivel, but most don't want to mess with the shaft and it's easy to break the plug using a swivel.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do those through the fenderwell after I remove the front wheel's, and on that particular cylinder I use a ratchet with a wobble 6in. extension. and a regular spark plug socket, I actually just did a set of those last week.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I do those through the fenderwell after I remove the front wheel's, and on that particular cylinder I use a ratchet with a wobble 6in. extension. and a regular spark plug socket, I actually just did a set of those last week.

^^^THIS ...take the front tires off and go through the sides that's how I did mine when I had my blazer

Sent from my static android

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
fenderwell is the best way but i always take the steering shaft loose at the bottom that just seems the quickest way

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score

Yeah, I forgot to even mention that! You have to go through the fenderwell's. That's how they're actually made to be changed. That's why the fender liners have that flap in them.