96 silverado sas swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got another question, when using the stock gm rearend front spring hanger, could you use a stock gmt400 one to use on the rear of the front springs, instead of one from a squarebody? they look the same to me mostly, just on our trucks they sit sideways instead of straight up and down.

The gmt400 rear hangers aren't wide enough to work. If I remember right they are close to an inch to narrow on each side.

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good information here. I do have a question about crossover steering. It sounds like everyone is running Superlift 1104 pitman arms. It also looks like the draglink end is a GM TRE since I noticed it has the mount for the steering stabalizer. My question is do you have to re-taper the superlift pitman arm to run the GM tie rod end?

Just curious what everyone is using for crossover without buying a kit.

AlNelson

Reaction score
Good information here. I do have a question about crossover steering. It sounds like everyone is running Superlift 1104 pitman arms. It also looks like the draglink end is a GM TRE since I noticed it has the mount for the steering stabalizer. My question is do you have to re-taper the superlift pitman arm to run the GM tie rod end?

Just curious what everyone is using for crossover without buying a kit.

I used Superlift 1104 pre-tapered for 1 ton TRE's from WFO concepts.
http://www.wfoconcepts.com/pr/Superlift-1104-Machined-for-Chevy-Draglink-Taper/3163/3360/3361

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get the arm tapered for a DLE. Those have a greater operating angle than the TREs.

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the 47" 73-87 front spring is a better choice unless you want really flexy, the 52's put the front hanger way out over the frame where as the 47's keep you mounted to the frame itself

you must use a track bar or the crossover steering will break the bars eventually

i use chevy brakes to run the 15" wheels. fords calipers are too big for 15's

Not entirely correct. 52s work very well on a DD. On my truck, the centerline of the front mount bolt hole was even with the edge of my chassis. The longer length made positioning the shackle brackets easier too. What bars are you talking about breaking from not using a trac-bar??

Hey outa what would you recommend for a dd sas front springs 47 or 52 from a chevy.. i want about 4 inches and the ord kit give 3 inch with brackets and what springs can i use for the rear. Also with 35's would my 14 bolt sf axle work or will i need a 14 bolt ff from a 3/4 ton

Sent from fiberglass covered Galaxy S3

52s work very well. The 14SF is fine with tires up to around 40".

Here is my truck with stock 52s up front with cut overloads and an extra leaf added to make them 5 leaf packs. My hangers are also DIY.

You must be registered for see images attach

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Not entirely correct. 52s work very well on a DD. On my truck, the centerline of the front mount bolt hole was even with the edge of my chassis. The longer length made positioning the shackle brackets easier too. What bars are you talking about breaking from not using a trac-bar??

52s work very well. The 14SF is fine with tires up to around 40".

Here is my truck with stock 52s up front with cut overloads and an extra leaf added to make them 5 leaf packs. My hangers are also DIY.

You must be registered for see images attach

More pics please

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
So let me ask this has anyone seen any threads on a sas with trailing arms and coils?? I see all these sas threads but they are all leafs. if you have seen a thread with a coil sprung SAS please post me up a link or PM it to me. if there is not a thread I'll be sure to get lots of pics when I do mine.