96 C3500 RCLB aka Stumpy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Been a busy weekend for somebody that's on the last day, of a 10 day steroid treatment, after blowing their back out. Nobody else is going to do this stuff for me, so why not.

Swung the dash down, and laid the power window/door lock harness in, and got in run into the cavity, ready to go to the doors. While I had the dash down, I sprayed it with some satin clear. Finally getting rid of the high gloss. Looks so much better now.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had never painted interior pieces before, so it didn't occur to me in the beginning, to not use gloss. As soon as I put that shiny ass dash in, I knew I screwed up. All good now though.
I painted WCJr's dash glossy, and quickly recognized the error. I have the dash for Roscoe painted, and I used a satin black on the top side.

CATman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great Stumpy. Did you have any cracks in the plastic you had to fix? What did you use to fix them? I have tried some epoxy fiberglass to fix one big crack. Now I have a smaller one in the middle of the dash by the windshield. My interior is all blue. WT interior. Wanting to change the color and change flooring . My next thing after I finish my front suspension.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Looks great Stumpy. Did you have any cracks in the plastic you had to fix? What did you use to fix them? I have tried some epoxy fiberglass to fix one big crack. Now I have a smaller one in the middle of the dash by the windshield. My interior is all blue. WT interior. Wanting to change the color and change flooring . My next thing after I finish my front suspension.
The dash in there is one I got from a junkyard, and is in flawless condition. My original dash was used and abused.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive used a plastic welder on one from the backside to secure the cracks an stop them from spreading where possible, epoxy where I couldn't get the welder in. Then the owner covered it back up with one of those carpet covers.

We had the dash out already to replace the air diverter assembly and evaporater though. It was about a 2 day job.