95 4.3L firiding order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need the firing order for a 95 vortec 4.3L I have 1 6 5 4 3 2 clockwise from the front mounting bolt. Is this right?

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes tbi with vortec covers.... that has to be right because I only found one wire out of place. My wife was doing it, and she was smart enough to do one at a time, but the #5 was in the center. So I had to trace them and figure it out.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Easiest thing to do, is to pull the cap off, turn the engine over to TDC on #1, and whatever wire terminal the rotor is pointing at when the cap is on is #1. then just go from here.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
by the way.... wifey kneeling on the rad support bent over in the enginebay..... HOLY FAWK HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
havent started it yet, thanks to her braking one of the new wires. She is gone to get a replacement and while she is gone, I am checking her work. shhhhhhhh dont tell her

edit: when I saw once of the cyls plugged into the coil spot I thought something was up. She got all but that one in the right spot.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
she is no slouch when it comes to turning a wrench. She rebuilt her 305 in her old trans am. But she has been out of the game a while, and I dont feel like dealing with her getting fed up when she finishes and the thing doesnt run.

one quick glance saved me an afternoon of her being bitchy