'94 GMC "The Blue Wonder" build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Thanks! I really like the idea of 31's but I'm afraid of what it'll do to my fuel economy and handling. I'm on 3.42's now and get 19.3 mpg. Any thoughts?

Can't get any worse than mine. 3.42s, 30's and 12.5 mpg

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Get some fat drag radials out back and some skinny tires in front, itll give er a sick look and a drag feel. oh, and dont forget the Z71 G80! welcome by the way

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get some fat drag radials out back and some skinny tires in front, itll give er a sick look and a drag feel. oh, and dont forget the Z71 G80! welcome by the way

Is the G80 worth having? I'm going to just swap the axle for the gear change and I could find one with the G80 option but I'd heard they weren't all that good.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Is the G80 worth having? I'm going to just swap the axle for the gear change and I could find one with the G80 option but I'd heard they weren't all that good.
well its good for a locking dif. you could go with an ARB Air locker. thatd be better than a G80 but im not sure how much they are.
because it came that way form the factory :shrug:
really? shouldnt it be 3.73? mines 3.73 but i wanna gear it

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Tacoma Wash.?
Welcome! From just across the border north of ya.

My '98 came with 3.42's & a G80/4L60e. The '97 (I believe) has 3.08's, open, w/NV3500. Never checked, doesn't matter 'cause it's a DD & it's fine the way it is! I'm not gonna mess with it. I'm not gonna, I won't, no way!

It could use a posi, though. (Uh-oh...did I just say that out loud? Damn!)

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tacoma Wash.?
Welcome! From just across the border north of ya.

My '98 came with 3.42's & a G80/4L60e. The '97 (I believe) has 3.08's, open, w/NV3500. Never checked, doesn't matter 'cause it's a DD & it's fine the way it is! I'm not gonna mess with it. I'm not gonna, I won't, no way!

It could use a posi, though. (Uh-oh...did I just say that out loud? Damn!)

Actually from Ferndale... Just made the trip south to buy the truck

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Been there many times! Use to go to Birch Bay & get into trouble when we were younger! One of my absolute favourite places to go cruise. Ocean on one side, & what used to be motels & trailer courts on the other. Mostly condos now. Arcade at the south end before the state park, & one of the most killer twisty roads at the other end! An older Mini Super Cooper S outright spanked my buddy's '78 Z-28 on that road! That cost him a $100.00 bill! He shoulda kept his mouth shut, instead of beakin' to the Mini driver about how his Z would beat him! Met a few girls from Ferndale in our visits there. Good Times!

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got my seat cover... They had to ship it down from Canada :driver:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: