94 5.7L TBI stumbling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Go with copper AC Delco or NGK plugs, I wouldn't use anything else in my truck.

With that said, you have to pay attention when using AC Delco these days. Some of it is still the original GM equipment, while sometimes it's just a cheaper brand repackaged and marked up.

Blaine Davies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personal opinion, just sounds like a misfire due to incorrect firing order to me? :shrug: almost like if you were to swap 2 spark plug wires?? would explain the stumble, little shake, as well as raw fuel at the tailpipe?? I'm assuming that you have already checked this out?

Then again, that wouldn't make it run like garbage intermittently, would just make it run like garbage all the time.. Wish I could help more ma! If you've checked your fuel pressure and it's within decent operating grounds, then I would lean towards something ignition-related.

Last edited:

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Couldn't get the AC Delco plugs because they would have to come from another warehouse and charge me another $20 for shipping, haven't pulled the trigger on this stuff but I think this what I'll get

Sent from the Sierra Club

Go to summit and quote yourself for an msd cap, Taylor 8mm wires and ACDelco plugs. And any coil.

Sent from Robl@nd

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personal opinion, just sounds like a misfire due to incorrect firing order to me? :shrug: almost like if you were to swap 2 spark plug wires?? would explain the stumble, little shake, as well as raw fuel at the tailpipe?? I'm assuming that you have already checked this out?

Then again, that wouldn't make it run like garbage intermittently, would just make it run like garbage all the time.. Wish I could help more ma! If you've checked your fuel pressure and it's within decent operating grounds, then I would lean towards something ignition-related.

Replaced my cap and rotor a few months ago, I'm assuming the order was right cuz i have been driving it since then with no problems till a few days ago, my cap and rotor are made by blue streak, have copper or brass contacts, wires are a different metal, dissimilar metal corrosion?

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Replaced my cap and rotor a few months ago, I'm assuming the order was right cuz i have been driving it since then with no problems till a few days ago, my cap and rotor are made by blue streak, have copper or brass contacts, wires are a different metal, dissimilar metal corrosion?

If there is corrosion on the inside of the cap, scrape out off with a knife and see if it runs better before you buy anything.

Does a rainy day make it worse?

If possible could you do a video for us?

Sent from Robl@nd

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll try and take a video of it, I tried once, couldn't hear anything but the fan turning, I'll have to figure a way I guess

It was perfectly dry yesterday and the condition got worse, im not sure it's moisture, I'm gonna pull a few plug wires off and look at the condition of the contacts and the insides of the wires contacts

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to see of maybe it's something that dirty or corroded, prefer not to spend a lot of money, but I will if I have to, I'm currently in school and drive 100km a day, so I don't have a lot of money floating around haha

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Check all your plugs, cap and rotor and let us know what you see.

Sent from Robl@nd

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't driven it since yesterday, and I took it out to test it, drove fine, I was a bit harder on it to see if it'd try stalling out and nothing, all I did was put my old gas cap back on, pulled a couple of spark plug wires off looked good, although my wires and plugs could probably use a change