94 5.7L TBI stumbling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Where would I take it to get tested? How many grounds are there typically? One by my battery looks good

Sent from the Sierra Club

Advanced and AutoZone should be able to pull them or just buy a cheap code reader. There should be one that goes from the block to the frame.

Sent from Robl@nd

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Down by the fuel tank is where I need to look for a ground for the sending unit? I did change my fuel filter recently, when I was removing it I had to move the line going to the tank back a bit to slide the filter out, that was about 2000km ago, I don't have any lights in my cluster on, our scanner tool quit and we don't have autozone or advanced in my town, I'm going to order new plugs and wires, maybe a new cap and rotor, could this potentially be the first signs of a fuel pump quiting? I smell gas in my exhaust when I start it after its been sitting for a while

Sent from the Sierra Club

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
The ground is right by the fuel tank pin the frame. I wouldn't throw parts at it just yet.

Sent from Robl@nd