93 Chevy K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Just noticed the build thread, sounds like a great deal! The pulse board is common failure point, mine is on its way out

Thanks Man!

Where is the pulse board at and what exactly does it do? Great build, you saved this truck.

It's located on the firewall, drivers side, next to the cruise control box if your truck was so optioned. It's what times the length in between wiper strokes. They're prone to failure on these trucks.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
She's back up and running again. Which is good because this is my only running truck right now.

New Battery

New battery cables

Big 3 wires

New Idler pulley

New tensioner assembly w/pulley

New Belt

You must be registered for see images attach

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Had the first major breakdown with this thing last week. The pass. front wheel came off!!! All 6 lug studs broke clean off flush with the hub. Never have seen that before and still have no idea what caused it. Thankfully I wasn't going very fast when it happened and there was a nice big flat patch of grass I could ghost ride my three wheel truck into.

6 new lug studs, 6 new lug nuts, sway bar end link, rubber brake line, and a brake rotor and she's all back together again.

I have a set of 2" rear block, a port and polished TB, and a injector pod spacer to install on this thing when I get some free time.

Right now it's my only truck so I'm waiting to get something else up and running before I tear into this one.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Had the first major breakdown with this thing last week. The pass. front wheel came off!!! All 6 lug studs broke clean off flush with the hub. Never have seen that before and still have no idea what caused it. Thankfully I wasn't going very fast when it happened and there was a nice big flat patch of grass I could ghost ride my three wheel truck into.

6 new lug studs, 6 new lug nuts, sway bar end link, rubber brake line, and a brake rotor and she's all back together again.

I have a set of 2" rear block, a port and polished TB, and a injector pod spacer to install on this thing when I get some free time.

Right now it's my only truck so I'm waiting to get something else up and running before I tear into this one.
Why not replace the whole hub assembly?

ex gmt400 owner

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
The beater got some love today.

Changed out the fluid in the transmission. Pretty sure it's the original 213,000 mile fluid. Still need to do the diff's and the transfer case before winter.

Also did a TB rebuild. Had ordered a rebuild kit along with an injector pod spacer a long time ago, just never had go time to install it. Used a TB that I had already done a port & polish job on a while back. Just had to unbolt the old one, replace all the gaskets in the injector pod, install the spacer, and bolt it back on.

All torn apart

All cleaned up and ready to be installed

Bolted on

Busted on of the plastic vacuum lines when I tried to remove it. Repaired with a piece of shrink tubing.

Trucks running better but not perfect. And I think I know why.......

Also found this treasure while crawling around underneath it.

I have a new CV axle along with new tie rods and adjusters coming from RockAuto. I rarely use the 4x4 in this thing so it's not a crisis. I also junkyard picked a new drivers side mirror since someone decided to bust the glass out of mine......

And somehow the fan is hitting the shroud and making a very not so nice noise. It only appears to be one of the blades so I'm guessing it's bent. Not to worry, I have a solution to that :evillol: