93 Chevy K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Picked this up over the weekend.

1993 Chevy K1500, 4.3L, 5spd, NP241, 3.73's. 209,000 miles.

Yes it's a tad rusty, but I only paid $900 for it. Runs and drives like a dream, frame is in AWESOME shape, probably the cleanest of any truck I've owned so far.

Came with a nice TSC toolbox, headunit, amp, and sub, 2 jackstands, and a few random parts and tools.

You must be registered for see images attach

What it needs:

Drivers door spring: DONE, found behind backseat

Dash speaker covers: DONE, found behind backseat

Exhaust: DONE, came with everything I needed besides a muffler

Brakes: came with all new rotors, pads, caliper slide pins and bushings, just need to install

Tires

Front U-Joints: already have a set from another truck, brand new, just need to install

Multifunction Switch: already have one from another truck, again brand new, just need to install

Pass. Reverse Light

License Lights

Oil Pressure Sender

What I've done so far:

Re-installed the drivers door sping and dash speaker covers.

Added window visors and a bug shield, had them laying around from other trucks, figured why not.

Added in a V6 tach cluster I had sitting on the shelf (why in the world a 5spd came without one I'll never know).

You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

Installed one of my V6 intake tubes and a brand new K&N (again, parts I already had).

[/URL][/IMG]

Welded up an exhaust of sorts, truck came with everything I needed besides the muffler, got that in a trade for some offroad lights.

Where it had broken off right behind the cab.

And all installed, surprisingly it actually really quiet

Traded a dirt bike project I had for a set of 35's on 15" aluminum wheels, probably going to keep the rims and sell the tires, a set of 33" A/T's is what I wanna run.

Also got a hitch and trailer harness wiring off my dad. Installed both of those today too.

Also got a grille for it from my roommate in exchange for making an air intake for his 6.5. Just used parts from one of several CAI's I had laying around.

The plans!!!!

2" block and crank (for now, already have blocks, just need bolts)

Eventually full 6" suspension lift.

Fender Flares

33" A/T tires

Brushguard

Tow Mirrors

Comp/temp mirror (already have one)

Overhead console (already have one)

Ultimate TBI mods (already have a modded TB, just need a rebuild kit for the injector pod)

WASH IT!!!

And I'm sure the to do list will change a million times but that's it for now, just gonna drive it and enjoy something that gets better than 14 MPG :)

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds like you got a decent deal. Thats not rust its weight savings to help that 4.3L get along easier. lol

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Did some more work on it today, found the drivers side jamb switch unplugged, plugged that back in.

Removed the annoying buzzer/dinger. I'll be using that as a port for ign/power/ground later for some stuff I'm installing.

Found a melted plug under the dash, and have since misplaced it to take a pic of it, it was disconnected and went to a white box on the steering column, 3 or 4 wires. Planning a trip to the junkyard on Wednesday so I'll hopefully find one there to replace it with.

Found out why my dome light wasn't working. NO BULB! Had a few laying around so I installed one. It appears both jamb switches and override are working just fine.

Re-wired a hackjob on one of the speakers, just twisted together, no wonder it wasn't making a connection. Couldn't get my soldering iron in there so just used butt connectors. Now all 4 speakers work, also found the missing drivers side rear speaker cover under the seat. So put that back on as well.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Soooooo, I'm having problems with the turn signal lever, I have no sprayers or brights, and the wipers only work on high. Any ideas?

I already checked the fuses, good there.

There is no power being sent to the washer motor when you hit the button.

I'm suspecting the wipers aren't related and is just a pulse board issue.

Anyone got any ideas?

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Got some parts for it from the junkyard today.

Drivers side arm rest
Brights switch connector
Side markers for a non w/t grille
Chevy emblem for non w/t grille
Wiring harness for composite headlights
Tailgate bezel
And about 4 trucks worth of fuses lol.

Figured out what my issue with the wipers/brights/sprayers was. The wipers and sprayers are related to the pulse board, so I ordered a new one of those from Rockauto (along with a new oil pressure sender, mine has the gauge pegged.)

The brights were from the melted plug under my dash that I found (that was to the brights switch). Junkyard took care of a new pigtail and O'Reillys took care of the new switch. Once I get all that installed I should have all the little bugs worked out of the truck for now.

Also thinking about these tires for it. There's a $70 rebate if you buy 4 Cooper tires so they're a pretty good deal.

http://www.treaddepot.com/tire/90000019979.html

Last edited:

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
More updates.

Got tires for it 31x10.50x15 Cooper Discoverer AT3's

Replaced the brakes in the front while I had it apart, new rotors, pads, and caliper slide pins.

The rear was a pain. Had two lugs on the drivers side strip out the little teeth that hold them into the axle. Had to take a cutting wheel to the lug nuts to get them off.

Then couldn't get the dang wheels off, 20lb sledge wouldn't budge 'em. Had to take my torch and heat the outside of the wheels where it sits on the hub. After that a several good hits with the sledge they finally came free.

Then replaced all the lug studs and nuts.