92 Sierra SAS frame off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks good, may i bother you for the connection of the underhood light thats actually on the hood?
sure, just checking but i'm guessing you are talking about the one that lights up when you lift the hood? I know that it grounds through the hood itself but you probably knew that already. I can have a look at which stud it mounts to on the firewall tomorrow.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
yes that one, i wonder how it knows when the hood is open, i think theres a black dna yellow wire the one is electrical taped because i dunno where the other end goes lol

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I remember with the old vehicles, the underhood light had a fluid that would complete the circuit when the hood is opened (I want to say it was Mercury (Hg), but that could be way off). These newer vehicles could possibly be different, with a less toxic fluid.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most Likely a Pin That turns it on when the hoods open. What Size Bulbs are in the work light? the 89 or 93?

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes that one, i wonder how it knows when the hood is open, i think theres a black dna yellow wire the one is electrical taped because i dunno where the other end goes lol
Here it is, mine ha an orange and white wire. orange one connects to the stud under the fuse box on the firewall and the white one to the fuel pump relay mounting bolt. hope this helps.
You must be registered for see images attach

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a few more things done in last while;
Leather power buckets with lumbar and arm rest from 97' Tahoe
The passenger seat risers didn't line up so I used the risers off my bench. These seats are way better than my bench, very happy with them. I also got a nice set of covers for them to cover up some of the beige and some of the rips in the drivers seat.
I paid $80 for the 2 seats, center console (not used) and overhead console (will be recovered with some matching maroon material).

Covered the whole floor with some rubber matting from a local Princess Auto, @$4/ft can't beat it.

It isn't wired up yet but I installed a 9" LED bar on the lid of my toolbox. I am going to add connectors before the wires exit the toolbox so if I ever need to remove it, it will be plug and play.