92 Sierra SAS frame off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it just doesnt look very strong

I know it doesnt look very stong, but keep in mind it is the same size bolt that attaches to the control arms on the stock trucks. Not to mention it is grade 8 threaded rod instead of the crappy stock stuff. I haven't had problems yet with it. The setup, if anyone is wondering, is 2wd frame, stock 2wd sway bar and mounting location, poly bushings, gr8 rod and rod ends and 3/8" locking pins. if there is any weak point it would be the 3/8" pins im guessing.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recently did the TBI mods to one of my spare units along with a full gasket/o ring rebuild. Got it in the truck yesterday, will be towing a trailer with my outlander 1000 on it for an hour tomorrow so i'll find out if it made much difference.
You must be registered for see images attach

Gasket kit from TBIPARTS on ebay.

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have some pictures of the crossmember. It is just the stock crossmember with a 5-6" section cut out and some 2"x2"x1/4" tubing and some angle iron welded underneath.

I would address that crossmember. It hangs down too much and you have the welds in high stress areas. Lastly, you're mainly utilizing the thin sheet metal on the bottom of the old xmember instead of the whole cross section. Your best bet would be to fab a whole new xmember from scratch instead of modifying the stock one.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally found an XJ steering shaft, as everyone else has said it makes a big difference, best $20 I ever spent.

I also got around to wiring up the under hood light.

Next up is wiring up a 9 LED light bar for under the lid of my tool box.