92 Sierra SAS frame off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueridgerobbie

RiverMonster
Reaction score
OK, I have read through this thread and correct me if I'm wrong but did you use a 14 bolt SF out of a 2wd, i.e, the narrower of the two? I was wondering because I have one that I wanted to put in my 95 Z-71 but later found out it was 2 inches narrower that my stock 10 bolt. I just thought it would look like a .

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK, I have read through this thread and correct me if I'm wrong but did you use a 14 bolt SF out of a 2wd, i.e, the narrower of the two? I was wondering because I have one that I wanted to put in my 95 Z-71 but later found out it was 2 inches narrower that my stock 10 bolt. I just thought it would look like a .

I thought it was at first but after measuring I found it to be full width, ie. from the heavy duty halfton package trucks. You could always get a set of wheel spacers to even it out.

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just read this whole page. Let us know how that Dana 44 holds up, thats what i am going to use for mine (Way down the road)

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents but I would have went with a set of dana 60's. I found the 44 to not be tough enough on my dodge. But this build still looks sweet. Cant wait to see it done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
from what ive seen the dodge ujoints and other related parts are alot smaller than a chevys. ive snapped a few dodge axles, plud certain years had CAD and all that other fancy nonsense that may have not helped the cause.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It depends on what it came out of. The 1 tons were pretty stout. They also made ld and hd 60's. And of course the older units were alot stronger and less complicated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk