'89 Camaro 350 roller motor going in my '90 K1500 SWB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They stick out at all? Sorry for blowing up your thread but it reminds me so much of mine haha

They stick out past the fenders a little bit, I don't think much. I haven't measured but I'll take some pics tomorrow to show how far out they are.

I don't think your blowing up my thread at all. I like all questions and comments.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bit of an update

Cranked up the torsion bars and didn't like it so I put them back down. Rides much better. I have no rub issues anyway so it's fine as is.

Front axle actuator crapped out on me. Went with a posi lok and 4wd is back in action. Instant engagement and the 4x4 indicator light still works!

Finally dropped off the block and and crank at the machine shop. Getting a .030 over bore with new flat top Pistons. Crank will be getting ground. That's it for now for the motor. Still undecided on cam and what to do with the heads.

Will post pics if I can figure out how to get around the pic post limit in my profile.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I think I figured out an alternative way to post pics now. Let's give this a try.

I remember someone asking for pics showing how far the tires stick out. These wheels are 4.5" back spacing.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I think Ive decided on a cam. After some emails with Brian from tbi chips, he reccomends this gmpp cam http://m.summitracing.com/parts/nal-14097395 he also suggested these new valve springs from comp cams http://m.summitracing.com/parts/cca-983-16?seid=srese1&gclid=CPzliN-i38UCFZWHaQoduGAATw

The machine work on the motor is coming along nicely. The block has been completely cleaned, cylinders bored with torque plates, honed for the new Pistons, surfaces decked and crank all cleaned up with a reground. I'm gonna pick that up this week and drop off my heads at the same time for some inspection and needed machine work. Assembly should be starting next week. Will post pics of my progress.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hauled this on Saturday along with 2 horses.

Really showed how weak that 305 is! Can't wait to start my new motor.

Going to pick up the block and crank tomorrow. Still have to get some engine paint so I can't paint it up. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Chevy orange.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did some more towing with the old 305 truck. The motor in my girlfriend's car crapped out. I only had to haul it a few miles to the shop.

Also got the block and crank back last Friday from machine shop. Pics of that to follow later.