'89 Camaro 350 roller motor going in my '90 K1500 SWB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Thanks

Are you asking about the timing on the current motor in the truck or the one im rebuilding now for the truck? Honestly I have no idea what the timing is set at currently. why do you ask?
Well i dropped in a roller 350 and i dont know what the timing should be. The camaro its from says 6 degrees while the truck was at 0 degress stock. Just wondering if you had that issue

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't got that far yet. I'm pretty sure I'm going carb on the new motor. I'll have to play with the timing once the motor goes in.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel pump went out on me Thursday night. Replaced it with a new carter pump, works great now and i think its getting all the fuel it needs. I took the bed off to get to the pump, made it super easy and gave me a chance to power wash the frame and what not. Sorry no pics of that.

Did get my new pro comp spline lug nuts on Friday. Mounted the wheels Saturday. Pics will follow.

Last edited:

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the pics with new wheels and tires mounted. Not so great just snapped them real quick, need to wash up the truck a bit and take better pics.
attachment.php

Heres one showing the newer style grille that i installed a couple weeks back
attachment.php

Truck drives great with the 285s, power isnt down as much as i expected (i think the new fuel pump helped that, the old one had been weak) There is no tire rubbing on the front which is great but i did just get extended shocks for the front and will be upping the t bars a bit this weekend and already have an appointment to get the front end aligned.

I just noticed one of my rear shocks is leaking so im gonna go ahead and get new extended shocks ordered along with some 2" lift blocks to match the 2" lift going on the front.

Should be sitting high then. I was shocked how much higher it is with just the new tires.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
They stick out at all? Sorry for blowing up your thread but it reminds me so much of mine haha