'89 Camaro 350 roller motor going in my '90 K1500 SWB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
I like it! Reminds me a lot of my truck! Im kinda searching for some rims. Would like to see yours mounted up! Id say for tires to run coopers at or bfg at. Both good looking and performing tires. I also heard duratracs are good

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like it! Reminds me a lot of my truck! Im kinda searching for some rims. Would like to see yours mounted up! Id say for tires to run coopers at or bfg at. Both good looking and performing tires. I also heard duratracs are good

Thank you! I'm leaning towards coopers or mastercraft, (owned by cooper tire). My local tire guy deals exclusively with those and can get them cheap. I'll be going with the m/t style. I can't wait to mount them up, just making sure winter is over first lol. When I do, I'll be sure to post pics. The rims were actually priced very reasonably.

Just noticed you have a build thread posted in your signiture. I'm gonna check it out!

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Slow going. Just went back to work so don't have a lot of time. But recently was given a set of comp cams 1.52 roller tip rockers. The motor is completely disassembled and just needs to be dropped at the machine shop. Also picked up a 94' up grill today from a fellow forum member.

Will post more when I have updates. Thanks for the interest.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just mounted the 94' up grille, big improvment on looks compared to the older style grille. Will post up pics tomorrow.

Also ordered tires, finally. They are gt radial adventuro m/t. I've had them in the past and they were great, especially for how cheap they are. The size is lt285 75 16. Should have them next week mounted with the new rims I posted earlier in this thread.

attachment.php
\
}

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I've been running those same tires for a year now, I have no complaints at all! Got close to 10K on them and there is still 9/32" on them.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little update. The tires were delivered and I had them mounted on the rims today. They look so bad ass. I had to order new lug nuts so I havent mounted them on the truck yet.

Here is a teaser pic with one with the new wheels just sitting on the wheel studs.

attachment.php
\
}

I also ordered a pair of pro comp front extended shocks so I can crank up the torrsion bars a bit to clearance the front tires better.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks

Are you asking about the timing on the current motor in the truck or the one im rebuilding now for the truck? Honestly I have no idea what the timing is set at currently. why do you ask?