88GMCtruck's never ending 88 GMC build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Finally getting the truck's tune dialed in. It's really running great.

Few weeks ago made another trip down to the dunes. Managed to fit 2 quads in this time with the toolbox in the bed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Managed 9.2 MPG towing this setup doing 70-75 MPH. Was a great trip.

Going to be some slow progress for awhile, working on saving for a house and going to try making it out camping this fall/winter some more.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Looking good as always. :) I saw your gmt800 windshield washers in another thread, that was genius.

I wonder what kind of MPG increase you could get making some type of cover for the front of those quads. They look like they catch a lot of air. Maybe a tarp might make it a tad more aerodynamic?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Looking good as always. :) I saw your gmt800 windshield washers in another thread, that was genius.

I wonder what kind of MPG increase you could get making some type of cover for the front of those quads. They look like they catch a lot of air. Maybe a tarp might make it a tad more aerodynamic?

what about the GMT800 windshield washer ?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Took another trip camping awhile back, was out in the snow/rain so I threw the canopy on the ol' girl. Haven't seen that in awhile.

Other than that, not much to report. Truck's running well. Detroit locker is a chore in the wet winter weather. I recently was having speedometer and RWAL issues, my speedometer sensor was bad (go figure) and messing with both systems.

Very soon I'll be looking at tires. These ones are about at the end of their useable life for me, they aren't going to do very well in snow or mud this year...

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Been doing a good deal of thinking lately. Been considering trading in the 02. Only thing holding me back is it's a great commuter vehicle, only has 49k on it, and is paid for....

But none-the less, I'm wanting to get a CC Dually Diesel pickup. The ultimate goal is to get a larger diesel pickup, get rid of the trailer and replace it with a slide in camper and flat deck trailer to drag the 88 with.

Once this happens, the 88 will be removed from tow duty and be turned into a more purpose based vehicle. My 3 thoughts with that are: Multipurpose wheeler, desert/dune rig, or full on body off resto show rig.......

Leaning towards a dune rig..... Thoughts?