88GMCtruck's never ending 88 GMC build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Gotta wonder if Dave has had some extra time on his hands with all this Coronavirus BS. . .
I had been working remotely from home (saving me 2 hours of driving a day) and last and this week have been off on furlough. So I have been working on the truck and other projects. I'm quite far along, this forum is just a less active place for me. Pulling photos from my phone and uploading them and writing up posts is just so time consuming. I typically post to Instagram a couple times a week, and some of the facebook groups once in awhile.... Instagram is probably the best for following along...

SlowZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I had been working remotely from home (saving me 2 hours of driving a day) and last and this week have been off on furlough. So I have been working on the truck and other projects. I'm quite far along, this forum is just a less active place for me. Pulling photos from my phone and uploading them and writing up posts is just so time consuming. I typically post to Instagram a couple times a week, and some of the facebook groups once in awhile.... Instagram is probably the best for following along...

Now we gotta know... what’s your IG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah Yeah Yeah

But...you have time now .....

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
So this brings us to June. At this point the fenders, doors, tailgate, hood and cab were all painted. Those panels were moved and stored in a storage unit. This is also the time where I ended up with my new “Work Truck” that you may recognize as my father’s old truck – The company I work for has a vehicle allowance to purchase your own vehicle as a work truck, so I ended up with my father’s 2009 K1500 SLT Sierra with the 6.2L and 44k miles. He got a new 2019 Duramax.

You must be registered for see images attach

A few generations

Then we moved onto the bed

Just look at that shine – mind you this is with zero alterations from how the paint was applied.

So that's what sportsides look like nude!